Ed Helms Heading to 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
Ed Helms is back to the small-screen on "Brooklyn Nine-Nine". The Stuart Price of "The Hangover" trilogy lands a guest-starring role in the upcoming season 2 of the FOX comedy series after his show "The Office" ended its run on NBC in May 2013.
On the sophomore sitcom, Helms will play an agent working for the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) whom Det. Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) struggles with in order to work a case. He's currently booked for an episode which will air on November 16, but the door is left open for him to return in more episodes.
Co-creator and executive producer Dan Goor tells TV Guide, "Anybody who enters this world can come back." He adds, "[Co-creator and executive producer] Mike Schur and I know Ed from 'The Office' and 'The Daily Show', so he'll be great and hopefully he'll have fun and be back."
The 40-year-old comedian joins previously announced guest stars Kyra Sedgwick, Eva Longoria, Terrell Owens and Jenny Slate. A first look at "The Closer" alumna Sedgwick as Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch on the show has recently landed online, showing her in an intense staring contest with Captain Holt (Andre Braugher).
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" season 2 debuts Sunday, September 28 at 8:30 P.M. on FOX.
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role