Report: Mariah Carey, Adele Eyed to Replace Celine Dion at Caesars Palace
Mariah Carey may be the next star to make lots of money playing shows in Las Vegas. According to a new report from TMZ, the diva is being eyed to replace Celine Dion who will take an indefinite hiatus from her longtime residency at Caesars Palace.
The site says that the Colosseum is interested in signing Carey for "a very lucrative weekend engagement." They have reportedly offered the soon-to-be-single superstar $750,000 for two shows at the legendary venue.
Carey isn't the only star wanted to play shows there. The Coloseum operator, AEG, is also targeting other big names like Adele, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Prince and Bruce Springsteen.
Earlier this month, Dion announced she'd put her Las Vegas residency on hold and canceled her remaining tour dates indefinitely to focus on her ailing husband, Rene Angelil. "I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband's healing, and to do so, it's important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children," she said in a statement.
More Mariah Carey News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'