Report: Mariah Carey, Adele Eyed to Replace Celine Dion at Caesars Palace
Mariah Carey may be the next star to make lots of money playing shows in Las Vegas. According to a new report from TMZ, the diva is being eyed to replace Celine Dion who will take an indefinite hiatus from her longtime residency at Caesars Palace.
The site says that the Colosseum is interested in signing Carey for "a very lucrative weekend engagement." They have reportedly offered the soon-to-be-single superstar $750,000 for two shows at the legendary venue.
Carey isn't the only star wanted to play shows there. The Coloseum operator, AEG, is also targeting other big names like Adele, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Prince and Bruce Springsteen.
Earlier this month, Dion announced she'd put her Las Vegas residency on hold and canceled her remaining tour dates indefinitely to focus on her ailing husband, Rene Angelil. "I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband's healing, and to do so, it's important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children," she said in a statement.
More Mariah Carey News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen