Hilary Swank Diagnosed With ALS in 'You're Not You' Trailer
Oscar-winning actress Hilary Swank is back on the radar with "You're Not You". First trailer is released for the drama centering on a character with ALS a.k.a. Lou Gehrig's disease which awareness is currently spreading worldwide through the Ice Bucket Challenge.
In "You're Not You", Swank plays pianist Kate whose orderly life is suddenly turned upside when she is diagnosed with the debilitating and life-threatening disease. Kate and her husband hire college student Bec, who is struggling to keep her own life together, to be her caregiver. Kate inspires Bec not to throw her life away, while Bec helps Kate-literally and figuratively-to find her voice and finally live her life to the fullest.
"Shameless" actress Emmy Rossum steps in the role of Bec who does not give a good first impression during an interview with Kate and her husband (Josh Duhamel). However, Kate senses something special in her and hires the young woman. "She doesn't make me feel like a patient," Kate defends Bec from her husband when he calls Bec "a nightmare." The trailer continues with how they bond through the ups and downs and how they overcome Kate's fear of death.
"You're Not You" will hit theaters and VOD on October 10.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked