Hilary Swank Diagnosed With ALS in 'You're Not You' Trailer
Oscar-winning actress Hilary Swank is back on the radar with "You're Not You". First trailer is released for the drama centering on a character with ALS a.k.a. Lou Gehrig's disease which awareness is currently spreading worldwide through the Ice Bucket Challenge.
In "You're Not You", Swank plays pianist Kate whose orderly life is suddenly turned upside when she is diagnosed with the debilitating and life-threatening disease. Kate and her husband hire college student Bec, who is struggling to keep her own life together, to be her caregiver. Kate inspires Bec not to throw her life away, while Bec helps Kate-literally and figuratively-to find her voice and finally live her life to the fullest.
"Shameless" actress Emmy Rossum steps in the role of Bec who does not give a good first impression during an interview with Kate and her husband (Josh Duhamel). However, Kate senses something special in her and hires the young woman. "She doesn't make me feel like a patient," Kate defends Bec from her husband when he calls Bec "a nightmare." The trailer continues with how they bond through the ups and downs and how they overcome Kate's fear of death.
"You're Not You" will hit theaters and VOD on October 10.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie