'The View' Confirms EP Bill Geddie's Exit, Picks Bill Wolff as Replacement
ABC has finally confirmed longtime rumors about "The View" executive producer Bill Geddie's departures. On Thursday, August 28, the network announced Bill Wolff would take over the job. Wolff is executive producer for MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show" and vice president of primetime programming for the network.
"I am so appreciative for the privilege to work on this iconic program and to have the chance to collaborate with incredible people like Whoopi and Rosie, who each bring immense talent and boundless passion to show," said Wolff in a statement. "I will be forever grateful to Rachel Maddow for six amazing years together. As I begin this next chapter, I cannot fully express my profound gratitude to Ben Sherwood for making it all possible."
The show also has a new production team. Brian Balthazar is appointed as co-executive producer, Ashley S. Gorman will direct, and Kathleen Rajsp will serve as senior supervising producer.
Geddie co-created "The View" with Barbara Walters. He served as executive producer on the daytime talk show since its launch in 1997.
Geddie's exit is part of the shakeup that the show is currently undergoing. Walters retired in May, while Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy bid goodbye to the show earlier this month, leaving Whoopi Goldberg as the only cast member returning to the next season. Rosie O'Donnell has been tapped to rejoin the show as a co-host.
More The View News
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene