Blake Lively on Bee Attack: It's Like 'Being Shot by Dozens of Tiny Invisible Darts'
Blake Lively shared that she was attacked by bees before her 27th birthday. The former "Gossip Girl" star, who celebrated her birthday on August 25, took to her lifestyle site Preserve to share the not-so-fun story, saying that the bee attack took place when she was in a photo shoot.
Writing that "it felt like I was being shot by dozens of tiny invisible darts," Lively continued, "I don't know enough about insects to say if they were wasps, honeybees or Mother Nature's miniature flying tasers. What I DO know, is that just moments before we were in the midst of a gorgeous fall fashion shoot. Now, I was a Monty Python sketch; running at top speed in no particular direction, whipping my arms and hands around like I'd just discovered they were growing out of my shoulders without my previous knowledge."
"There was a terrible sound piercing the air too... I was later informed this sound had emanated from my very own mouth. I'd prefer to never hear it again. Along with everybody else on the East Coast," she continued. "I was shaken. I was swollen. I had to stop what I was doing to recuperate and/or shrink."
Lively concluded the post with a message on what she learned that day. "It took a swarm of bees to remind me that a b-day is nothing but a number. Each day I choose my age," she wrote.
More Blake Lively News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video