Blake Lively on Bee Attack: It's Like 'Being Shot by Dozens of Tiny Invisible Darts'
Blake Lively shared that she was attacked by bees before her 27th birthday. The former "Gossip Girl" star, who celebrated her birthday on August 25, took to her lifestyle site Preserve to share the not-so-fun story, saying that the bee attack took place when she was in a photo shoot.
Writing that "it felt like I was being shot by dozens of tiny invisible darts," Lively continued, "I don't know enough about insects to say if they were wasps, honeybees or Mother Nature's miniature flying tasers. What I DO know, is that just moments before we were in the midst of a gorgeous fall fashion shoot. Now, I was a Monty Python sketch; running at top speed in no particular direction, whipping my arms and hands around like I'd just discovered they were growing out of my shoulders without my previous knowledge."
"There was a terrible sound piercing the air too... I was later informed this sound had emanated from my very own mouth. I'd prefer to never hear it again. Along with everybody else on the East Coast," she continued. "I was shaken. I was swollen. I had to stop what I was doing to recuperate and/or shrink."
Lively concluded the post with a message on what she learned that day. "It took a swarm of bees to remind me that a b-day is nothing but a number. Each day I choose my age," she wrote.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video