Blake Lively on Bee Attack: It's Like 'Being Shot by Dozens of Tiny Invisible Darts'
Blake Lively shared that she was attacked by bees before her 27th birthday. The former "Gossip Girl" star, who celebrated her birthday on August 25, took to her lifestyle site Preserve to share the not-so-fun story, saying that the bee attack took place when she was in a photo shoot.
Writing that "it felt like I was being shot by dozens of tiny invisible darts," Lively continued, "I don't know enough about insects to say if they were wasps, honeybees or Mother Nature's miniature flying tasers. What I DO know, is that just moments before we were in the midst of a gorgeous fall fashion shoot. Now, I was a Monty Python sketch; running at top speed in no particular direction, whipping my arms and hands around like I'd just discovered they were growing out of my shoulders without my previous knowledge."
"There was a terrible sound piercing the air too... I was later informed this sound had emanated from my very own mouth. I'd prefer to never hear it again. Along with everybody else on the East Coast," she continued. "I was shaken. I was swollen. I had to stop what I was doing to recuperate and/or shrink."
Lively concluded the post with a message on what she learned that day. "It took a swarm of bees to remind me that a b-day is nothing but a number. Each day I choose my age," she wrote.
More Blake Lively News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie