Britney Spears and David Lucado Split Following Alleged Cheating Video
Britney Spears is now back on the market after splitting from her boyfriend David Lucado. The pop star revealed her now-single status in a Twitter post on Thursday, August 28. "Ahhhh the single life!" she wrote. A representative for the "Work B***h" hitmaker has also confirmed the news, saying, "Yes, she's single."
A source close to the mother of two said that Spears was "heartbroken" following the split. "She is heartbroken. She is in Vegas. But she will get through it. She's a strong girl and he was never right for her," the source told E! News.
The couple's split apparently was caused by an alleged video of Lucado cheating on her which currently is being shopped around. According to TMZ, the video was taken earlier this month. In the clip which seemingly was taken in a living room, Lucado can be seen kissing and dancing with a woman. When asked about the footage, a rep for Lucado said, "David is very, very in love with Britney. This is unfortunate and he hopes that it all works out."
Spears and Lucado started dating in 2013, just two months after ending her engagement with Jason Trawick. She and Lucado were seen steeping out together during a lunch in in Calabasas, California last week.
More Britney Spears News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child