Britney Spears and David Lucado Split Following Alleged Cheating Video
Britney Spears is now back on the market after splitting from her boyfriend David Lucado. The pop star revealed her now-single status in a Twitter post on Thursday, August 28. "Ahhhh the single life!" she wrote. A representative for the "Work B***h" hitmaker has also confirmed the news, saying, "Yes, she's single."
A source close to the mother of two said that Spears was "heartbroken" following the split. "She is heartbroken. She is in Vegas. But she will get through it. She's a strong girl and he was never right for her," the source told E! News.
The couple's split apparently was caused by an alleged video of Lucado cheating on her which currently is being shopped around. According to TMZ, the video was taken earlier this month. In the clip which seemingly was taken in a living room, Lucado can be seen kissing and dancing with a woman. When asked about the footage, a rep for Lucado said, "David is very, very in love with Britney. This is unfortunate and he hopes that it all works out."
Spears and Lucado started dating in 2013, just two months after ending her engagement with Jason Trawick. She and Lucado were seen steeping out together during a lunch in in Calabasas, California last week.
More Britney Spears News
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza