Britney Spears and David Lucado Split Following Alleged Cheating Video
Britney Spears is now back on the market after splitting from her boyfriend David Lucado. The pop star revealed her now-single status in a Twitter post on Thursday, August 28. "Ahhhh the single life!" she wrote. A representative for the "Work B***h" hitmaker has also confirmed the news, saying, "Yes, she's single."
A source close to the mother of two said that Spears was "heartbroken" following the split. "She is heartbroken. She is in Vegas. But she will get through it. She's a strong girl and he was never right for her," the source told E! News.
The couple's split apparently was caused by an alleged video of Lucado cheating on her which currently is being shopped around. According to TMZ, the video was taken earlier this month. In the clip which seemingly was taken in a living room, Lucado can be seen kissing and dancing with a woman. When asked about the footage, a rep for Lucado said, "David is very, very in love with Britney. This is unfortunate and he hopes that it all works out."
Spears and Lucado started dating in 2013, just two months after ending her engagement with Jason Trawick. She and Lucado were seen steeping out together during a lunch in in Calabasas, California last week.
More Britney Spears News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion