'The Mindy Project' Recruits 'Fargo' Star Allison Tolman and Shonda Rhimes
"The Mindy Project" has booked two more guest stars. Emmy-nominated actress Allison Tolman and prolific producer Shonda Rhimes are set to make apperances in the upcoming third season of the FOX comedy series starring Mindy Kaling.
Tolman, who earned her Emmy nomination for her breakout role on FX's "Fargo", will guest star in two episodes as Abby Berman, a sweet romance novelist who goes on a disastrous blind date with fratty doc Peter Prentice (Adam Pally), leaving it up to Peter to make things right. TV Guide first reported the news.
Rhimes, the creator of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal", will appear in an episode as herself, but other details about her cameo role are still kept under wraps. The gig will mark Rhimes' acting debut.
"The Mindy Project" returns with season 3 on Tuesday, September 16 at 9:30 P.M. on FOX. Niecy Nash, Rob McElhenney and Rhea Perlman were previously tapped as guest stars in the new installment.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius