'The Mindy Project' Recruits 'Fargo' Star Allison Tolman and Shonda Rhimes
"The Mindy Project" has booked two more guest stars. Emmy-nominated actress Allison Tolman and prolific producer Shonda Rhimes are set to make apperances in the upcoming third season of the FOX comedy series starring Mindy Kaling.
Tolman, who earned her Emmy nomination for her breakout role on FX's "Fargo", will guest star in two episodes as Abby Berman, a sweet romance novelist who goes on a disastrous blind date with fratty doc Peter Prentice (Adam Pally), leaving it up to Peter to make things right. TV Guide first reported the news.
Rhimes, the creator of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal", will appear in an episode as herself, but other details about her cameo role are still kept under wraps. The gig will mark Rhimes' acting debut.
"The Mindy Project" returns with season 3 on Tuesday, September 16 at 9:30 P.M. on FOX. Niecy Nash, Rob McElhenney and Rhea Perlman were previously tapped as guest stars in the new installment.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift