'The Mindy Project' Recruits 'Fargo' Star Allison Tolman and Shonda Rhimes
"The Mindy Project" has booked two more guest stars. Emmy-nominated actress Allison Tolman and prolific producer Shonda Rhimes are set to make apperances in the upcoming third season of the FOX comedy series starring Mindy Kaling.
Tolman, who earned her Emmy nomination for her breakout role on FX's "Fargo", will guest star in two episodes as Abby Berman, a sweet romance novelist who goes on a disastrous blind date with fratty doc Peter Prentice (Adam Pally), leaving it up to Peter to make things right. TV Guide first reported the news.
Rhimes, the creator of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal", will appear in an episode as herself, but other details about her cameo role are still kept under wraps. The gig will mark Rhimes' acting debut.
"The Mindy Project" returns with season 3 on Tuesday, September 16 at 9:30 P.M. on FOX. Niecy Nash, Rob McElhenney and Rhea Perlman were previously tapped as guest stars in the new installment.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign