'The Mindy Project' Recruits 'Fargo' Star Allison Tolman and Shonda Rhimes
"The Mindy Project" has booked two more guest stars. Emmy-nominated actress Allison Tolman and prolific producer Shonda Rhimes are set to make apperances in the upcoming third season of the FOX comedy series starring Mindy Kaling.
Tolman, who earned her Emmy nomination for her breakout role on FX's "Fargo", will guest star in two episodes as Abby Berman, a sweet romance novelist who goes on a disastrous blind date with fratty doc Peter Prentice (Adam Pally), leaving it up to Peter to make things right. TV Guide first reported the news.
Rhimes, the creator of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal", will appear in an episode as herself, but other details about her cameo role are still kept under wraps. The gig will mark Rhimes' acting debut.
"The Mindy Project" returns with season 3 on Tuesday, September 16 at 9:30 P.M. on FOX. Niecy Nash, Rob McElhenney and Rhea Perlman were previously tapped as guest stars in the new installment.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna