'The Mindy Project' Recruits 'Fargo' Star Allison Tolman and Shonda Rhimes
"The Mindy Project" has booked two more guest stars. Emmy-nominated actress Allison Tolman and prolific producer Shonda Rhimes are set to make apperances in the upcoming third season of the FOX comedy series starring Mindy Kaling.
Tolman, who earned her Emmy nomination for her breakout role on FX's "Fargo", will guest star in two episodes as Abby Berman, a sweet romance novelist who goes on a disastrous blind date with fratty doc Peter Prentice (Adam Pally), leaving it up to Peter to make things right. TV Guide first reported the news.
Rhimes, the creator of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal", will appear in an episode as herself, but other details about her cameo role are still kept under wraps. The gig will mark Rhimes' acting debut.
"The Mindy Project" returns with season 3 on Tuesday, September 16 at 9:30 P.M. on FOX. Niecy Nash, Rob McElhenney and Rhea Perlman were previously tapped as guest stars in the new installment.
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- Scott Disick Hoping for 'Awkward Run-In' With Kourtney Kardashian During Outing With Bella Thorne
- Camila Cabello Teams Up With Ed Sheeran, Pharrell and Charli XCX on Upcoming Album
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago