Shakira Pregnant With Baby No. 2
Shakira is adding another baby to her growing family with her longtime boyfriend, soccer player Gerard Pique. She announces that she's expecting a second child on the Spanish version of Cosmopolitan magazine, and then confirms it on her social media.
"Well, yes, the truth is that, yes, I am pregnant," the Colombian singer said on the mag's latest issue, where she graces the cover. The 37-year-old star then tweeted, "Yes, we are expecting our second baby!! Thank you for all your well wishes!"
Shakira started dating Pique, 27, after first meeting him when she was promoting the 2010 World Cup anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)". She gave birth to their first son Milan, now 18 months old, in January 2013. "If it wasn't for the World Cup, my son Milan would not be here," she said to The Associated Press.
"The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification," she issued a statement shortly after the baby was born early last year. "Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth."
Of motherhood, she told PEOPLE, "It takes a lot of energy from you - but I love it. I'm really enjoying every bit of it. It's not as idyllic as everybody tells you - but not as horrible as everybody tells you. It comes with a full package."
Her second pregnancy came after she opened up her desire to have a big family. "If it weren't because of my music projects, I would be pregnant already," she told Latina magazine in April. "I would love to have eight or nine kids with Gerard - my own futbol team."
It's unclear how many months along she is. Just earlier this month, she took ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, wearing denim shorts and a baggy black T-shirt. She accepted the challenge from supermodel Gisele Bundchen and nominated Chris Martin and Pope Francis. She was drenched with ice cold water by her beau.
More Shakira News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'