Joan Rivers Rushed to Hospital After She Stops Breathing During Surgery
Joan Rivers has just been hospitalized due to an alarming condition, TMZ reports. The 81-year-old actress/comedienne was taken to a medical facility in New York City Thursday, August 28 after she allegedly stopped breathing during a surgery.
The host of "Fashion Police" reportedly underwent a throat procedure in a clinic to fix a problem on her vocal cords. She was rushed to Mount Sinai hospital in the Big Apple. Her daughter Melissa was already on her way to be by her side.
An emergency call was placed to 911 at 9:39 A.M. E.T. and the caller said, "We have somebody in either cardiac or respiratory arrest." There was no immediate word on the condition of the E! star whose real name is Joan Alexandra Molinsky.
More Joan Rivers News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story