Joan Rivers Rushed to Hospital After She Stops Breathing During Surgery
Joan Rivers has just been hospitalized due to an alarming condition, TMZ reports. The 81-year-old actress/comedienne was taken to a medical facility in New York City Thursday, August 28 after she allegedly stopped breathing during a surgery.
The host of "Fashion Police" reportedly underwent a throat procedure in a clinic to fix a problem on her vocal cords. She was rushed to Mount Sinai hospital in the Big Apple. Her daughter Melissa was already on her way to be by her side.
An emergency call was placed to 911 at 9:39 A.M. E.T. and the caller said, "We have somebody in either cardiac or respiratory arrest." There was no immediate word on the condition of the E! star whose real name is Joan Alexandra Molinsky.
More Joan Rivers News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist