Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Finally Get Married in France
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are now a married couple, the Associated Press broke the news. A spokesperson for the couple confirms the pair tied the knot in a private ceremony in France on Saturday, August 23 in front of family and friends.
The non-denominational civil ceremony took place at the couple's Chateau Miraval in the village of Correns. The powerhouse couple reportedly obtained a marriage license beforehand from a California judge, who was also on hand to conduct the nuptials in France.
All their six children took part in the ceremony. Sons Maddox, 13, and Pax, 11, accompanied their mother walk down the aisle. Daughters Zahara, 9, and Vivienne, 6, threw flower petals, while Shiloh, 8, and Knox, 6, served as ring bearers.
Pitt, 50, and Jolie, 39, started dating after meeting on the set of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" in 2005. Pitt once said the movie was one of his favorites "because you know... six kids. Because I fell in love." The actor proposed to Jolie in 2012.
The pair will share screen again in "By the Sea" which she scripted. In the meantime, she is finishing her second directorial project "Unbroken", while he is promoting his latest flick "Fury". On Thursday during a photocall in Dorset, he reportedly flashed his wedding band.
More Brad Pitt News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences