NBC on Why They Declined to Air Suicide Prevention PSA After Robin Williams Emmy Tribute
It's just revealed that NBC refused to air a suicide prevention PSA at the Primetime Emmy Awards. The network was approached by National Suicide Prevention Network to broadcast its "lifeline" number after Robin Williams tribute, but they rejected the request.
"Collectively we decided to celebrate the life of Robin Williams, not his death or, more to the point, the way he died," a representative for NBC explained in a statement. "The Emmys telecast is a celebration, and the 'In Memoriam' section of our show is an important one."
The spokesperson added, "We believe we honored Robin in the right away. Suicide is a serious issue, but we decided not to dwell on that - or its prevention - in this particular forum." Billy Crystal led a tribute to the late actor at the prize-giving event Monday, August 25.
More Robin Williams News
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video