Jessica Chastain Wants Scarlett Johansson to Get Her Own Superhero Movie
Jessica Chastain weighs in on the lack of female-centric superhero movie in Hollywood. The "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" actress is specifically campaigning for Scarlett Johansson who plays Black Widow in Marvel Cinematic Universe to get her own movie.
"Where is the Scarlett Johansson superhero movie? I don't understand it, why is it taking so long for this?" the Oscar-nominated actress said to The Wrap in a new interview. "This woman clearly shows that people want to go see her in the movies."
" 'Lucy', didn't it beat 'Hercules' by a lot opening weekend, when it was made for a lot less? She shows that she kicks ass, she's a great actress. 'Under the Skin' is an incredible film, and why are we still waiting for a go-ahead on a superhero movie starring Scarlett Johansson?"
Regarding the matter, Marvel's Kevin Feige previously told Comic Book Resources, "I think it comes down to timing, which is what I've sort of always said, and it comes down to us being able to tell the right story. I hope we do it sooner rather than later."
"But we find ourselves in the very strange position of managing more franchises than most people have - which is a very, very good thing and we don't take for granted, but is a challenging thing. You may notice from those release dates, we have three for 2017."
"And that's because just the timing worked on what was sort of gearing up. But it does mean you have to put one franchise on hold for three or four years in order to introduce a new one? I don't know. Those are the kinds of chess matches we're playing right now."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign