MSU Cancels Wiz Khalifa Concert After Fatal Shooting at Rapper's California Gig
Wiz Khalifa is no longer expected to play a concert at Michigan State University. The school announced their decision to cancel the show scheduled to take place at the Breslin Student Events Center on September 13 less than a week after a man was fatally shot when the rapper made a tour stop at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California.
"Due to Michigan State University's review of recent events and assessment of campus concerns, MSU has decided to cancel the event," the school's officials said in a statement. "We apologize for this inconvenience. A full refund will be processed for all patrons within the next few days using the same method as the original payment."
"There were some security concerns," MSU media relations manager Jason Cody explained further. Saying that the shooting incident at Wiz's California concert was "obviously" one of the reasons behind the cancellation, he continued, "Members of several MSU groups got together and reviewed the recent incidents at the previous concert and came to the decision we were going to cancel it and offer full refunds."
In happier Wiz Khalifa news, the "Promises" rapper has just had his newest album "Blacc Hollywood" landed at No. 1 on Billboard 200. Selling 90,000 units in its first week, it becomes his first chart-topping LP on the chart.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show