MSU Cancels Wiz Khalifa Concert After Fatal Shooting at Rapper's California Gig
Wiz Khalifa is no longer expected to play a concert at Michigan State University. The school announced their decision to cancel the show scheduled to take place at the Breslin Student Events Center on September 13 less than a week after a man was fatally shot when the rapper made a tour stop at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California.
"Due to Michigan State University's review of recent events and assessment of campus concerns, MSU has decided to cancel the event," the school's officials said in a statement. "We apologize for this inconvenience. A full refund will be processed for all patrons within the next few days using the same method as the original payment."
"There were some security concerns," MSU media relations manager Jason Cody explained further. Saying that the shooting incident at Wiz's California concert was "obviously" one of the reasons behind the cancellation, he continued, "Members of several MSU groups got together and reviewed the recent incidents at the previous concert and came to the decision we were going to cancel it and offer full refunds."
In happier Wiz Khalifa news, the "Promises" rapper has just had his newest album "Blacc Hollywood" landed at No. 1 on Billboard 200. Selling 90,000 units in its first week, it becomes his first chart-topping LP on the chart.
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen