Joe Budden Surrenders to Cops After Alleged Assault
Joe Budden has surrendered to the police following allegations that he assaulted his girlfriend and stole her phone. The star of VH1's "Love & Hip Hop" went to the 34th Precinct in Inwood on Wednesday, August 27 accompanied by his lawyer at 9 A.M. to deal with the case. He was charged with robbery and grand larceny on Wednesday afternoon.
Budden's legal trouble started on August 18 when he was accused of twisting the alleged victim's arm and took her phone with force when they were in his car. The star apparently was unhappy after seeing photos of her dancing with other men.
NYPD then spread a mugshot of the wanted rapper via their Twitter. The star lashed out on his account after learning of the news and threatened to sue the police. "I'm gonna sue the living s*** out u gentlemen," he said in a post. Following a "Manhunt... Suck my d***" tweet, Budden wrote, "I'll be in a strip club in Astoria tonight. Let the 'Man hunt' know. @NYPDnews Glad to see our tax payer dollars being put to good use ! Lol."
NBC 4 New York reported that their crew met him on Monday when he was walking his dog. "It's been a frenzy. It's been a frenzy. I was surprised at all of it to be honest. The media circus, the witch hunt, the man hunt," he said, adding that he regretted taunting the police and only wanted to resolve the problems soon.
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'