Grimes Releases Dante's 'Inferno'-Inspired Video for 'Go'
Grimes has released a music video for "Go", her collaboration with Blood Diamonds. The clip opens with "X-Men" writer David Hayter reading the first lines from Dante's "Inferno" while three ladies are dancing in a dark, red room. Later in the video, she appears at a beach with a sword-wielding man and dances at a desert.
"It's our take on Dante's inferno," said Grimes, who directed the visuals with her brother, Mac Boucher. "In the inferno, people's actions in life echo eternally. Mike [a.k.a. Blood Diamonds] (Virgil) and I (Dante) wander through the circles of hell. It's not a traditional hell, it kind of reflects stuff that's going on today."
"We shot a bunch at the Salton Sea, which is basically an apocalyptic wasteland filled with dead fish because of human carelessness, a hallway of bullet holes a la Korn 'Freak on a Leash'," she added.
"Go", Grimes' first song in two years, is the lead single off her forthcoming album. Arriving back in June, the EDM-infused track was initially written by the singer for Rihanna. She made it hers after the Bajan singer rejected it.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart