Grimes Releases Dante's 'Inferno'-Inspired Video for 'Go'
Grimes has released a music video for "Go", her collaboration with Blood Diamonds. The clip opens with "X-Men" writer David Hayter reading the first lines from Dante's "Inferno" while three ladies are dancing in a dark, red room. Later in the video, she appears at a beach with a sword-wielding man and dances at a desert.
"It's our take on Dante's inferno," said Grimes, who directed the visuals with her brother, Mac Boucher. "In the inferno, people's actions in life echo eternally. Mike [a.k.a. Blood Diamonds] (Virgil) and I (Dante) wander through the circles of hell. It's not a traditional hell, it kind of reflects stuff that's going on today."
"We shot a bunch at the Salton Sea, which is basically an apocalyptic wasteland filled with dead fish because of human carelessness, a hallway of bullet holes a la Korn 'Freak on a Leash'," she added.
"Go", Grimes' first song in two years, is the lead single off her forthcoming album. Arriving back in June, the EDM-infused track was initially written by the singer for Rihanna. She made it hers after the Bajan singer rejected it.
Grimes' "Go" (feat. Blood Diamonds) music video
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...