Grimes Releases Dante's 'Inferno'-Inspired Video for 'Go'
Grimes has released a music video for "Go", her collaboration with Blood Diamonds. The clip opens with "X-Men" writer David Hayter reading the first lines from Dante's "Inferno" while three ladies are dancing in a dark, red room. Later in the video, she appears at a beach with a sword-wielding man and dances at a desert.
"It's our take on Dante's inferno," said Grimes, who directed the visuals with her brother, Mac Boucher. "In the inferno, people's actions in life echo eternally. Mike [a.k.a. Blood Diamonds] (Virgil) and I (Dante) wander through the circles of hell. It's not a traditional hell, it kind of reflects stuff that's going on today."
"We shot a bunch at the Salton Sea, which is basically an apocalyptic wasteland filled with dead fish because of human carelessness, a hallway of bullet holes a la Korn 'Freak on a Leash'," she added.
"Go", Grimes' first song in two years, is the lead single off her forthcoming album. Arriving back in June, the EDM-infused track was initially written by the singer for Rihanna. She made it hers after the Bajan singer rejected it.
Grimes' "Go" (feat. Blood Diamonds) music video
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3