Young Jeezy Pleads Not Guilty to Gun Charge
Young Jeezy has pleaded not guilty to gun charge. The rapper and five other men were charged with felony possession of an assault weapon in the wake of a fatal shooting in Wiz Khalifa's concert on Friday, August 22.
According to district attorney spokesperson Farrah Emami, the six people pleaded not guilty to the charges in Superior Court in Newport Beach on Tuesday, August 26. Jeezy, whose real name is Jay Wayne Jenkins, and the other men are scheduled to appear in a pretrial hearing on September 5.
Back on Friday, a 38-year-old man named Eric Johnson of Orinda was shot at Khalifa's "Under the Influence of Music" concert in Silicon Valley and passed away the next day. Jeezy, who served as a co-headliner, and the other men were arrested on Sunday when Irvine and Mountain View police conducted a search at the Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine. The prosecutors alleged that the men possessed illegal assault weapon on a tour bus.
Khalifa canceled a show in Chula Vista, California on Saturday following the tragic incident. Another show which was scheduled to take place at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Mich. in September is also axed due to "Michigan State University's review of recent events and assessment of campus concern."
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'