Young Jeezy Pleads Not Guilty to Gun Charge
Young Jeezy has pleaded not guilty to gun charge. The rapper and five other men were charged with felony possession of an assault weapon in the wake of a fatal shooting in Wiz Khalifa's concert on Friday, August 22.
According to district attorney spokesperson Farrah Emami, the six people pleaded not guilty to the charges in Superior Court in Newport Beach on Tuesday, August 26. Jeezy, whose real name is Jay Wayne Jenkins, and the other men are scheduled to appear in a pretrial hearing on September 5.
Back on Friday, a 38-year-old man named Eric Johnson of Orinda was shot at Khalifa's "Under the Influence of Music" concert in Silicon Valley and passed away the next day. Jeezy, who served as a co-headliner, and the other men were arrested on Sunday when Irvine and Mountain View police conducted a search at the Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine. The prosecutors alleged that the men possessed illegal assault weapon on a tour bus.
Khalifa canceled a show in Chula Vista, California on Saturday following the tragic incident. Another show which was scheduled to take place at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Mich. in September is also axed due to "Michigan State University's review of recent events and assessment of campus concern."
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her