Young Jeezy Pleads Not Guilty to Gun Charge
Young Jeezy has pleaded not guilty to gun charge. The rapper and five other men were charged with felony possession of an assault weapon in the wake of a fatal shooting in Wiz Khalifa's concert on Friday, August 22.
According to district attorney spokesperson Farrah Emami, the six people pleaded not guilty to the charges in Superior Court in Newport Beach on Tuesday, August 26. Jeezy, whose real name is Jay Wayne Jenkins, and the other men are scheduled to appear in a pretrial hearing on September 5.
Back on Friday, a 38-year-old man named Eric Johnson of Orinda was shot at Khalifa's "Under the Influence of Music" concert in Silicon Valley and passed away the next day. Jeezy, who served as a co-headliner, and the other men were arrested on Sunday when Irvine and Mountain View police conducted a search at the Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine. The prosecutors alleged that the men possessed illegal assault weapon on a tour bus.
Khalifa canceled a show in Chula Vista, California on Saturday following the tragic incident. Another show which was scheduled to take place at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Mich. in September is also axed due to "Michigan State University's review of recent events and assessment of campus concern."
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'