ZZ Top Cancels Upcoming Concerts After Bassist Dusty Hill Injures Hip
ZZ Top has been forced to cancel the remaining dates on their co-headlining tour with Jeff Beck after bassist Dusty Hill got injured in an incident earlier this week. According to promoter Live Nation, Hill slipped and fell on his hip inside his tour bus on Tuesday night, August 26.
The 65-year-old musician sustained an injury that required "immediate attention." Following the fall, the group decided to temporarily suspend the forthcoming shows, including the one scheduled for August 27 in Clarkson, Michigan, to give him time to recover.
ZZ Top was initially scheduled to co-headline the tour with Beck until September 13. After the band canceled their upcoming appearances, Beck announced he'd still play several already-scheduled dates. He's expected to headline the shows in Salamanca, New York on August 29, in Atlantic City on August 30 and in Mashantucket, Connecticut on August 31.
"While we are very disappointed to not continue this tour with ZZ Top, our thoughts and best wishes are for Dusty to have a speedy recovery," Beck said in a release.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?