The Game Hires Rick Ross, 2 Chainz and More for Michael Brown Tribute Song 'Don't Shoot'
The Game has enlisted a number of hip-hop's famous faces for a new track called "Don't Shoot". The star-studded cut came in the wake of a recent shooting of Michael Brown, an unarmed African-American teen, by a cop in Ferguson, Missouri.
In the song, arriving on Wednesday, August 27, The Game is joined by more than a dozen musicians including Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, P. Diddy, Fabolous, Wale, DJ Khaled, Swizz Beatz, Yo Gotti, Curren$y, Problem, King Pharaoh and TGT.
They voice their anger and speak out against injustice in the 6-minute track. "I seen a lotta ice water tossed, and I know it's for a cause/ My only question is: What we doin' for the loss?" Fabolous raps at one point.
"The issues in Ferguson really hit home for me, and I feel compelled to use my musical platform to address this," The Game told Rolling Stone. "I am a black man with kids of my own that I love more than anything, and I cannot fathom a horrific tragedy like Michael Brown's happening to them. This possibility has shaken me to my core. That is why this song must be made and why it was so easy for so many of my friends to come together and unite against the injustice."
Of how these rappers and singers wanted to collaborate with him on the song, he explained, "I managed to get everyone on board fairly easy, simply because we have the hearts. We care and are inclined to take a positive approach to resolving an issue that has existed since the beginning of mankind and that is racism and hatred towards one another as human beings."
"Don't Shoot" is available on iTunes. The proceeds from the sales will all go to the Justice for Mike Brown charity.
More The Game News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift