LeAnn Rimes Jokes She Lost Virginity by Raping Her Boyfriend
LeAnn Rimes made a rape joke when she and her husband Eddie Cibrian sat down for an interview with Joan Rivers. In the 72nd episode of "In Bed with Joan", the singer shared that she lost her virginity at the age of 16 when she "raped" her then-boyfriend in Monte Carlo.
"I was in Monte Carlo and I was 15?" Rimes said 12 minutes into the video, sounding unsure. "I know, it's kind of a bulls**t story. I was 16. There you go." Rivers then asked her, "Was it nice? Was it bad? Was he nice?" The singer replied, "Well, he was my boyfriend for like three and a half years. He was fine. I think I raped him. I think that's how it happened."
Some fans who don't like her choice of words took to Twitter to voice their opinion. "It's not intelligent and VERY offensive to joke about rape @leannrimes," a person commented, while another person said, "Rape jokes are lame. She is lame."
Others, however, did not think her statement was offensive. "I am a rape victim and not a damn thing you said was offensive," a Twitter user said. In response to the post, Rimes told her, "I'm sad you had to experience that in your life."
Rimes, who turns 32 on August 28, was seen holding hands with her husband on Wednesday night as they stepped out to celebrate her birthday early at Lure Fish House in Thousand Oaks, Calif. She also shared a photo of her family during the dinner, writing, "Fam bday dinner w/ these sillies, our parents & @kikicaldas #bdaycelebration LET IT BEGIN."
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App