LeAnn Rimes Jokes She Lost Virginity by Raping Her Boyfriend
LeAnn Rimes made a rape joke when she and her husband Eddie Cibrian sat down for an interview with Joan Rivers. In the 72nd episode of "In Bed with Joan", the singer shared that she lost her virginity at the age of 16 when she "raped" her then-boyfriend in Monte Carlo.
"I was in Monte Carlo and I was 15?" Rimes said 12 minutes into the video, sounding unsure. "I know, it's kind of a bulls**t story. I was 16. There you go." Rivers then asked her, "Was it nice? Was it bad? Was he nice?" The singer replied, "Well, he was my boyfriend for like three and a half years. He was fine. I think I raped him. I think that's how it happened."
Some fans who don't like her choice of words took to Twitter to voice their opinion. "It's not intelligent and VERY offensive to joke about rape @leannrimes," a person commented, while another person said, "Rape jokes are lame. She is lame."
Others, however, did not think her statement was offensive. "I am a rape victim and not a damn thing you said was offensive," a Twitter user said. In response to the post, Rimes told her, "I'm sad you had to experience that in your life."
Rimes, who turns 32 on August 28, was seen holding hands with her husband on Wednesday night as they stepped out to celebrate her birthday early at Lure Fish House in Thousand Oaks, Calif. She also shared a photo of her family during the dinner, writing, "Fam bday dinner w/ these sillies, our parents & @kikicaldas #bdaycelebration LET IT BEGIN."
More LeAnn Rimes News
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'