LeAnn Rimes Jokes She Lost Virginity by Raping Her Boyfriend
LeAnn Rimes made a rape joke when she and her husband Eddie Cibrian sat down for an interview with Joan Rivers. In the 72nd episode of "In Bed with Joan", the singer shared that she lost her virginity at the age of 16 when she "raped" her then-boyfriend in Monte Carlo.
"I was in Monte Carlo and I was 15?" Rimes said 12 minutes into the video, sounding unsure. "I know, it's kind of a bulls**t story. I was 16. There you go." Rivers then asked her, "Was it nice? Was it bad? Was he nice?" The singer replied, "Well, he was my boyfriend for like three and a half years. He was fine. I think I raped him. I think that's how it happened."
Some fans who don't like her choice of words took to Twitter to voice their opinion. "It's not intelligent and VERY offensive to joke about rape @leannrimes," a person commented, while another person said, "Rape jokes are lame. She is lame."
Others, however, did not think her statement was offensive. "I am a rape victim and not a damn thing you said was offensive," a Twitter user said. In response to the post, Rimes told her, "I'm sad you had to experience that in your life."
Rimes, who turns 32 on August 28, was seen holding hands with her husband on Wednesday night as they stepped out to celebrate her birthday early at Lure Fish House in Thousand Oaks, Calif. She also shared a photo of her family during the dinner, writing, "Fam bday dinner w/ these sillies, our parents & @kikicaldas #bdaycelebration LET IT BEGIN."
More LeAnn Rimes News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group