Vampire Action Franchise 'Underworld' Getting Reboot
"Underworld" reboot is in development, The Hollywood Reporter learns. Cory Goodman ("Priest", "The Last Witch Hunter") is tapped to write the screenplay for the upcoming revamped version of the supernatural action franchise.
The first film arrived in 2003, followed by a sequel "Underworld: Evolution" in 2006, a prequel "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" in 2009, and a threequel "Underworld: Awakening" in 2012. Len Wiseman directed the first two entries, while Kate Beckinsale starred in all four.
Earlier this year, the vampires vs. werewolves saga was rumored to continue with a new film called "Underworld: Next Generation" with Wiseman serving as a producer. The plot was unclear, but rumor suggested it would center on Eve, the vampire/werewolf hybrid daughter of Beckinsale's Selene and Scott Speedman's Michael.
Back in 2012, Beckinsale herself told Collider, "I think it's probably unlikely that I'll do [another 'Underworld' sequel] but they may do one without me."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip