Vampire Action Franchise 'Underworld' Getting Reboot
"Underworld" reboot is in development, The Hollywood Reporter learns. Cory Goodman ("Priest", "The Last Witch Hunter") is tapped to write the screenplay for the upcoming revamped version of the supernatural action franchise.
The first film arrived in 2003, followed by a sequel "Underworld: Evolution" in 2006, a prequel "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" in 2009, and a threequel "Underworld: Awakening" in 2012. Len Wiseman directed the first two entries, while Kate Beckinsale starred in all four.
Earlier this year, the vampires vs. werewolves saga was rumored to continue with a new film called "Underworld: Next Generation" with Wiseman serving as a producer. The plot was unclear, but rumor suggested it would center on Eve, the vampire/werewolf hybrid daughter of Beckinsale's Selene and Scott Speedman's Michael.
Back in 2012, Beckinsale herself told Collider, "I think it's probably unlikely that I'll do [another 'Underworld' sequel] but they may do one without me."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump
- Fox Comes Under Fire in Italy for Postponing 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Release