Vampire Action Franchise 'Underworld' Getting Reboot
"Underworld" reboot is in development, The Hollywood Reporter learns. Cory Goodman ("Priest", "The Last Witch Hunter") is tapped to write the screenplay for the upcoming revamped version of the supernatural action franchise.
The first film arrived in 2003, followed by a sequel "Underworld: Evolution" in 2006, a prequel "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" in 2009, and a threequel "Underworld: Awakening" in 2012. Len Wiseman directed the first two entries, while Kate Beckinsale starred in all four.
Earlier this year, the vampires vs. werewolves saga was rumored to continue with a new film called "Underworld: Next Generation" with Wiseman serving as a producer. The plot was unclear, but rumor suggested it would center on Eve, the vampire/werewolf hybrid daughter of Beckinsale's Selene and Scott Speedman's Michael.
Back in 2012, Beckinsale herself told Collider, "I think it's probably unlikely that I'll do [another 'Underworld' sequel] but they may do one without me."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'