Vampire Action Franchise 'Underworld' Getting Reboot
"Underworld" reboot is in development, The Hollywood Reporter learns. Cory Goodman ("Priest", "The Last Witch Hunter") is tapped to write the screenplay for the upcoming revamped version of the supernatural action franchise.
The first film arrived in 2003, followed by a sequel "Underworld: Evolution" in 2006, a prequel "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" in 2009, and a threequel "Underworld: Awakening" in 2012. Len Wiseman directed the first two entries, while Kate Beckinsale starred in all four.
Earlier this year, the vampires vs. werewolves saga was rumored to continue with a new film called "Underworld: Next Generation" with Wiseman serving as a producer. The plot was unclear, but rumor suggested it would center on Eve, the vampire/werewolf hybrid daughter of Beckinsale's Selene and Scott Speedman's Michael.
Back in 2012, Beckinsale herself told Collider, "I think it's probably unlikely that I'll do [another 'Underworld' sequel] but they may do one without me."
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia