Vampire Action Franchise 'Underworld' Getting Reboot
"Underworld" reboot is in development, The Hollywood Reporter learns. Cory Goodman ("Priest", "The Last Witch Hunter") is tapped to write the screenplay for the upcoming revamped version of the supernatural action franchise.
The first film arrived in 2003, followed by a sequel "Underworld: Evolution" in 2006, a prequel "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" in 2009, and a threequel "Underworld: Awakening" in 2012. Len Wiseman directed the first two entries, while Kate Beckinsale starred in all four.
Earlier this year, the vampires vs. werewolves saga was rumored to continue with a new film called "Underworld: Next Generation" with Wiseman serving as a producer. The plot was unclear, but rumor suggested it would center on Eve, the vampire/werewolf hybrid daughter of Beckinsale's Selene and Scott Speedman's Michael.
Back in 2012, Beckinsale herself told Collider, "I think it's probably unlikely that I'll do [another 'Underworld' sequel] but they may do one without me."
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week