Chris Soules 'Flattered' to Be Chosen as the New Bachelor
It's official: Chris Soules is the new Bachelor. ABC announced it on Wednesday, August 27 with the farmer from Iowa making an appearance on "Good Morning America". Chris said he was "humbled," "flattered" and "grateful" to be the star of "The Bachelor" season 19.
"I mean, coming from a small town I never really expected to have this opportunity to be on either show let alone to be the lead on 'The Bachelor', so it's been awesome," he said on the morning show.
Despite his heartbreaking experience with Andi Dorfman on "The Bachelorette", Chris believes he will find love again on the dating show. "Absolutely, that's why I am doing it. I believe in the process I believe in what I went through on the previous show and that's why I am doing it I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel like that was a potential."
After the news broke, Andi took to Twitter to congratulate her ex. "Congrats to the new Bachelor, C_Soules!" she tweeted. "So excited for you!!! Some woman is going to be very lucky if she wins that heart of yours!"
During a Twitter chat on Wednesday, Chris revealed that he'd "been able to remain friends with Andi and she encouraged me to just be myself!"
Chris has been engaged once before, but the seven-year relationship ended just months before he expected to walk down the aisle. The self-proclaimed romantic's dream woman is someone who is smart, motivated and confident.
The new edition of "The Bachelor" will premiere January 2015.
More The Bachelor News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App