Chris Soules 'Flattered' to Be Chosen as the New Bachelor
It's official: Chris Soules is the new Bachelor. ABC announced it on Wednesday, August 27 with the farmer from Iowa making an appearance on "Good Morning America". Chris said he was "humbled," "flattered" and "grateful" to be the star of "The Bachelor" season 19.
"I mean, coming from a small town I never really expected to have this opportunity to be on either show let alone to be the lead on 'The Bachelor', so it's been awesome," he said on the morning show.
Despite his heartbreaking experience with Andi Dorfman on "The Bachelorette", Chris believes he will find love again on the dating show. "Absolutely, that's why I am doing it. I believe in the process I believe in what I went through on the previous show and that's why I am doing it I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel like that was a potential."
After the news broke, Andi took to Twitter to congratulate her ex. "Congrats to the new Bachelor, C_Soules!" she tweeted. "So excited for you!!! Some woman is going to be very lucky if she wins that heart of yours!"
During a Twitter chat on Wednesday, Chris revealed that he'd "been able to remain friends with Andi and she encouraged me to just be myself!"
Chris has been engaged once before, but the seven-year relationship ended just months before he expected to walk down the aisle. The self-proclaimed romantic's dream woman is someone who is smart, motivated and confident.
The new edition of "The Bachelor" will premiere January 2015.
More The Bachelor News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur