Matthew Knowles: Beyonce and Jay-Z's Divorce Rumors Were Made Up to 'Ignite the Tour'
Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z aren't heading for divorce, says her dad Matthew Knowles. Mr. Knowles, who's also the diva's former manager, claims that rumors about the power couple's marriage being on the rocks are not true but WERE made up to boost the ticket sales of their "On the Run" tour.
Knowles made the shocking claim during his visit to the "Roula And Ryan Show" on Houston radio station 104.1 KRBE earlier this week. When asked about daughter Solange Knowles' now-infamous elevator brawl with Jay-Z, he said, "There's a tour going on. So you have to sometimes ignite that tour."
"It's called a Jedi mind trick. The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot of time. Everyone's talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange's album sales went up 200%," he continued. "I know because we've done this before."
In the interview, the 63-year-old music executive also hinted that a Destiny's Child reunion tour could be coming very soon. "Folks don't know it, but I am still the manager of Destiny's Child," he said. "When you see Destiny's Child on TV and you see them doing songs together slowly, slowly - now they've done two, they were recently on TV - I don't know, it might be another Destiny's Child album coming."
"There might be this tour that makes history, Destiny's Child featuring Beyonce, [Kelly Rowland] and [Michelle Williams (II)]. Can you imagine what that would be like?" he added.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy