Matthew Knowles: Beyonce and Jay-Z's Divorce Rumors Were Made Up to 'Ignite the Tour'
Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z aren't heading for divorce, says her dad Matthew Knowles. Mr. Knowles, who's also the diva's former manager, claims that rumors about the power couple's marriage being on the rocks are not true but WERE made up to boost the ticket sales of their "On the Run" tour.
Knowles made the shocking claim during his visit to the "Roula And Ryan Show" on Houston radio station 104.1 KRBE earlier this week. When asked about daughter Solange Knowles' now-infamous elevator brawl with Jay-Z, he said, "There's a tour going on. So you have to sometimes ignite that tour."
"It's called a Jedi mind trick. The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot of time. Everyone's talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange's album sales went up 200%," he continued. "I know because we've done this before."
In the interview, the 63-year-old music executive also hinted that a Destiny's Child reunion tour could be coming very soon. "Folks don't know it, but I am still the manager of Destiny's Child," he said. "When you see Destiny's Child on TV and you see them doing songs together slowly, slowly - now they've done two, they were recently on TV - I don't know, it might be another Destiny's Child album coming."
"There might be this tour that makes history, Destiny's Child featuring Beyonce, [Kelly Rowland] and [Michelle Williams (II)]. Can you imagine what that would be like?" he added.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back