Video: Lady GaGa Joins Queen Onstage During Australian Gig
Queen brought out a special guest when they made a tour stop in Sydney, Australia, on Wednesday, August 27. The iconic group, which had Adam Lambert fill in for the late frontman Freddie Mercury, played the first of their two-night show at the Allphones Arena when Lady GaGa joined them for a surprise performance.
Taking the stage in a black curly wig and a revealing black jumpsuit, the 29-year-old singer excited the crowd when she helped Queen sing one of their classics called "Another One Bites the Dust".
GaGa later shared her excitement on Twitter, writing, "I just played with Queen I'm the happiest girl alive!" She also posted an Instagram photo of herself performing onstage and captioned it, "Tonight I felt alive in a way I have not before. I returned to the Radio GaGa mothership to pay homage to my leaders. It was emotional and wild."
Lambert also bragged about the performance on Instagram, posting a series of photos of him and GaGa. Queen's Brian May additionally took to Twitter to post a picture of him posing with the Mother Monster and said, "My stick selfie of the day - with our lovely guest Lady Gaga XXX."
Queen and GaGa were Down Under for their respective tour. The "Born This Way" hitmaker kicked off the Australian leg of her "artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball" trek earlier this week.
My stick selfie of the day - with our lovely guest Lady Gaga XXX BRI pic.twitter.com/UOrIQhjemn— Dr. Brian May (@DrBrianMay) August 27, 2014
More Lady GaGa News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival