'Magic Mike XXL' Arrives Two Days Early on Independence Day Weekend
There will be two extra days of watching Channing Tatum shaking his booties in "Magic Mike XXL". Warner Bros announced on Wednesday, August 27 that the "Magic Mike" sequel would hit theaters on Independence Day weekend two days early on Wednesday, July 1, 2015.
Plot details are still unknown. Tatum penned the script with Reid Carolin, the writer of the first film. "[We started writing] probably like two months ago. With my partner Reid I was like, 'Ah it'll write itself, it's fine' - not the case. Not the case at all," he told MTV. "This one will be a road trip movie. Without giving a lot away, we don't wanna make it a really serious, slice-of-life movie. We want to have reality in it, but we don't want to make it some dark drama."
All the original cast such as Alex Pettyfer, Matthew Bomer and Joe Manganiello are expected to come back with the exception of Matthew McConaughey who is said to be worth a lot of money after his Oscar victory. Greg Jacobs takes over from Steven Soderbergh to direct the second film.
At the same time, the Savannah Film Office said the sequel was scheduled to be filmed in the Savannah area beginning this September. Casting director Chad Darnell will hold an extras open call for the sequel on Sunday, August 31 at The Stage in Forsyth Park.
More Magic Mike XXL News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis