'Magic Mike XXL' Arrives Two Days Early on Independence Day Weekend
There will be two extra days of watching Channing Tatum shaking his booties in "Magic Mike XXL". Warner Bros announced on Wednesday, August 27 that the "Magic Mike" sequel would hit theaters on Independence Day weekend two days early on Wednesday, July 1, 2015.
Plot details are still unknown. Tatum penned the script with Reid Carolin, the writer of the first film. "[We started writing] probably like two months ago. With my partner Reid I was like, 'Ah it'll write itself, it's fine' - not the case. Not the case at all," he told MTV. "This one will be a road trip movie. Without giving a lot away, we don't wanna make it a really serious, slice-of-life movie. We want to have reality in it, but we don't want to make it some dark drama."
All the original cast such as Alex Pettyfer, Matthew Bomer and Joe Manganiello are expected to come back with the exception of Matthew McConaughey who is said to be worth a lot of money after his Oscar victory. Greg Jacobs takes over from Steven Soderbergh to direct the second film.
At the same time, the Savannah Film Office said the sequel was scheduled to be filmed in the Savannah area beginning this September. Casting director Chad Darnell will hold an extras open call for the sequel on Sunday, August 31 at The Stage in Forsyth Park.
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama