Ed Sheeran Denies Rumors of Him Feuding With Miley Cyrus
Ed Sheeran has slammed rumors suggesting that he and Miley Cyrus were in a feud. The "Sing" hitmaker addressed the alleged beef, which emerged after Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards, during a radio interview with "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" on Wednesday, August 27.
Some people speculated that there was something between the two stars after Sheeran reached out for high-fives while en route to stage to receive his Best Male Video of the Year trophy, but not to Cyrus. The "Party in the U.S.A" singer was seen seemingly mouthing "a**hole" as Sheeran passed by.
"Well, I don't know why people were expecting that [high-five]. I've never met her," the British redhead explained. "There was a high-five between me and Scooter [Braun] because I know him, and that was the only high-five. I don't know what people were expecting."
In the interview, the "I See Fire" hitmaker also praised his fellow performer. "I think she's a fantastic artist," she said of Cyrus. "I think she's got a great voice, writes great songs."
Cyrus was presented with Video of the Year award for her "Wrecking Ball" at the awards show which took place at the Forum in Inglewood, California. The 21-year-old star used her acceptance speech to spread awareness to homeless youth by letting her date, a homeless man named Jesse Helt, to take the stage and deliver the speech.
More Ed Sheeran News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell