First 'Saw' Movie Coming Back to Theaters This Halloween
The "Saw" film that started the whole franchise is coming back to theaters this Halloween. In the tenth anniversary of "Saw", Lionsgate announced that the original film would hit the big screen for one week starting October 31.
"The launch of 'Saw' was a signature event in Lionsgate's history, establishing our first franchise and paving the way for our growth into a global studio," said Jason Constantine, Lionsgate president of acquisitions & co-productions. "We are excited for our fans to revisit the twisted magic that first blew their minds on Halloween 2004."
The first movie was released in 2004, starring Tobin Bell, Cary Elwes and Danny Glover. It earned $100 million in its initial box office run and the series went on taking $874 million globally, prompting Guinness World Records to name it the most successful horror franchise of all time. The six sequels were released annually on Halloween week between 2005 and 2010.
"Saw" revolves around John Kramer, also called the "Jigsaw", who only gets a brief intro in the first movie. Rather than killing his victims outright, Jigsaw puts his victims in "games" to test their will to live through physical or psychological torture.
James Wan directed the first film while Leigh Whannell provided the script. This is the same team who later worked on the first two installments of "Insidious" franchise.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked