First 'Saw' Movie Coming Back to Theaters This Halloween
The "Saw" film that started the whole franchise is coming back to theaters this Halloween. In the tenth anniversary of "Saw", Lionsgate announced that the original film would hit the big screen for one week starting October 31.
"The launch of 'Saw' was a signature event in Lionsgate's history, establishing our first franchise and paving the way for our growth into a global studio," said Jason Constantine, Lionsgate president of acquisitions & co-productions. "We are excited for our fans to revisit the twisted magic that first blew their minds on Halloween 2004."
The first movie was released in 2004, starring Tobin Bell, Cary Elwes and Danny Glover. It earned $100 million in its initial box office run and the series went on taking $874 million globally, prompting Guinness World Records to name it the most successful horror franchise of all time. The six sequels were released annually on Halloween week between 2005 and 2010.
"Saw" revolves around John Kramer, also called the "Jigsaw", who only gets a brief intro in the first movie. Rather than killing his victims outright, Jigsaw puts his victims in "games" to test their will to live through physical or psychological torture.
James Wan directed the first film while Leigh Whannell provided the script. This is the same team who later worked on the first two installments of "Insidious" franchise.
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty
- Booty-ful Kim Kardashian and BFF Larsa Pippen Enjoy Arcade Game on Memorial Day
- 'Iron Fist' Season 2 to Be Announced Soon
- Are They Dating? Charlie Puth and Lea Michele Spotted Having Dinner Together
- George Clooney Gets Travel Ban From Wife Amal as They Await Twins' Arrival
- Watch This Mysterious Teaser for Neill Blomkamp's Dystopian Short Film
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life
- Kim Kardashian Says Kanye West, Not Monica Rose, Was Responsible for Her Style Transformation