Wiz Khalifa Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blacc Hollywood'
Wiz Khalifa's "Blacc Hollywood" has made its way out to No. 1 on Billboard 200. Nielsen SoundScan reports that the album ends the reign of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" soundtrack after selling 90,000 copies in its first week.
"Blacc Hollywood" marks Wiz's first album to have topped the chart. Two of his previous releases, "O.N.I.F.C." and "Rolling Papers", both peaked at No. 2 back in 2012 and 2011, respectively.
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" soundtrack, meanwhile, slips to No. 2 with 64,000. Earlier this month, the compilation set spent two consecutive weeks at No. 1.
Chase Rice becomes the first new entry in the top 10 as his "Ignite the Night" enters the chart at No. 3 with 44,000. Trailing behind the country singer is the "Now 51" album that falls two rungs from last week's No. 2 with 33,000.
The "Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute to Motley Crue" compilation comes at No. 5 with 31,000. Released via Big Machine Records, the album includes some Motley Crue tracks that have been reworked by country acts like Rascal Flatts, Brantley Gilbert and Justin Moore.
Next on Billboard 200, the "Frozen (2013)" soundtracks dips to No. 6 with 29,000 while Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour" stays at No. 7 with a little more than 24,000. At No. 8 is 5 Seconds of Summer's self-titled debut LP that sells additional 24,000.
Ace Frehley, the former KISS guitarist, scores his highest-charting album with "Space Invader", which comes at No. 9 with 19,000. Jumping from last week's No. 12, Ed Sheeran's "X" rounds out the top 10 with 16,000.
- "Blacc Hollywood" - Wiz Khalifa (90,000)
- "Guardians of the Galaxy" Soundtrack - Various Artists (64,000)
- "Ignite the Night" - Chase Rice (44,000)
- The "Now 51" Album - Various Artists (33,000)
- The "Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute to Motley Crue" Album - Various Artists (31,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (29,000)
- "In the Lonely Hour" - Sam Smith (24,000)
- "5 Seconds of Summer" - 5 Seconds of Summer (24,000)
- "Space Invader" - Ace Frehley (19,000)
- "X" - Ed Sheeran (16,000)
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel