'Sons of Guns' Canceled After Will Hayden Was Arrested for Raping Daughter
Discovery Channel finally released a statement over the legal case that falls upon its "Sons of Guns" star Will Hayden. The network choose to halt production and cancel the series after allegations that Hayden rapes his own 12-year-old daughter made headlines.
Hayden was arrested on Tuesday, August 26 for aggravated rape, just a few weeks after he was detained on accusation that he molested his daughter. According to the affidavit from the new arrest, the alleged victim told the authorities that she was raped almost daily between March 2013 to July 2014 when she was 11 and later turned 12.
Discovery Channel chose to distance itself from the reality show star. "Given the serious and horrific nature of the charges against Will Hayden, we have decided to halt further production of 'Sons of Guns' and cancel the series," the network said in a statement.
"Sons of Guns" follows Hayden and his Red Jacket Firearms company which buys, sells and rebuilds firearms. The Red Jacket Firearms has cut ties with him, saying, "Red Jacket Firearms LLC has initiated and received full legal separation as an entity, from William M. Hayden. With heavy hearts, we will be continuing to operate and ensure the fulfillment of new customer orders, back orders and to provide support to those affected by these new developments."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding