Charlie Hunnam Wanted to Play King Arthur in Guy Ritchie's Film
Charlie Hunnam is nearing deal to star as King Arthur in "Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur". If the deal goes through, Hunnam may reunite with his "Pacific Rim" co-star Idris Elba who is reportedly also in negotiations to star in the Guy Ritchie film.
Hunnam, according to Deadline, is Ritchie's first choice to lead his movie. The "Sons of Anarchy" star is said to be in the "final negotiations" to join the film which could be followed by five others. Screenwriter Joby Harold pitched the idea to Warner Bros. and wrote the first script.
The film is a re-imagining of the legend of Arthur, believed to have been a 6th century king who defended Britain against Saxon invaders. Key source material will be Thomas Mallory's "Le Morte d'Arthur," published in 1485 as a compilation of French and English tales.
Akiva Goldsman is attached as producer with Harold, Tory Tullen and Lionel Wigram. The first movie will be released July 22, 2016.
Meanwhile, Elba is in talks to play Bedivere, a right-hand man to Arthur's father who takes it upon himself to train the young warrior for battle as he learns his true destiny. Just last week it was reported that Ritchie was also considering "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Jamie Dornan for the titular character.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'