Aerosmith Completes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge During Texas Gig
Aerosmith got soaked onstage after they completed the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge during their show in Texas on Monday night, August 25. The band participated in the challenge after being nominated by Motley Crue a few days ago.
In a video shared on the band's YouTube channel, some crew members are seen helping the rockers remove electrical equipment from their clothing. Guitarist Joe Perry then tells the crowd that the group will donate a part of the proceeds from every ticket sold to that night's gig to the ALS Association.
After getting drenched, frontman Steven Tyler dares Quentin Tarantino, Fleetwood Mac, Cheap Trick, the Dalai Lama, the road crews for Aerosmith and tour opener Slash to do the challenge.
Aerosmith isn't the first musical act to have accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which was created to raise funds and awareness of Lou Gehrig's disease, during a concert. Motley Crue agreed to get soaked during the band's show with Def Leppard in Noblesville, Indiana. More recently, Eminem and Rihanna got poured with icy water as they wrapped up their co-headlining tour in the rapper's hometown of Detroit.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic