Aerosmith Completes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge During Texas Gig
Aerosmith got soaked onstage after they completed the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge during their show in Texas on Monday night, August 25. The band participated in the challenge after being nominated by Motley Crue a few days ago.
In a video shared on the band's YouTube channel, some crew members are seen helping the rockers remove electrical equipment from their clothing. Guitarist Joe Perry then tells the crowd that the group will donate a part of the proceeds from every ticket sold to that night's gig to the ALS Association.
After getting drenched, frontman Steven Tyler dares Quentin Tarantino, Fleetwood Mac, Cheap Trick, the Dalai Lama, the road crews for Aerosmith and tour opener Slash to do the challenge.
Aerosmith isn't the first musical act to have accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which was created to raise funds and awareness of Lou Gehrig's disease, during a concert. Motley Crue agreed to get soaked during the band's show with Def Leppard in Noblesville, Indiana. More recently, Eminem and Rihanna got poured with icy water as they wrapped up their co-headlining tour in the rapper's hometown of Detroit.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date