Aerosmith Completes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge During Texas Gig
Aerosmith got soaked onstage after they completed the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge during their show in Texas on Monday night, August 25. The band participated in the challenge after being nominated by Motley Crue a few days ago.
In a video shared on the band's YouTube channel, some crew members are seen helping the rockers remove electrical equipment from their clothing. Guitarist Joe Perry then tells the crowd that the group will donate a part of the proceeds from every ticket sold to that night's gig to the ALS Association.
After getting drenched, frontman Steven Tyler dares Quentin Tarantino, Fleetwood Mac, Cheap Trick, the Dalai Lama, the road crews for Aerosmith and tour opener Slash to do the challenge.
Aerosmith isn't the first musical act to have accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which was created to raise funds and awareness of Lou Gehrig's disease, during a concert. Motley Crue agreed to get soaked during the band's show with Def Leppard in Noblesville, Indiana. More recently, Eminem and Rihanna got poured with icy water as they wrapped up their co-headlining tour in the rapper's hometown of Detroit.
More Aerosmith News
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date