Aerosmith Completes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge During Texas Gig
Aerosmith got soaked onstage after they completed the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge during their show in Texas on Monday night, August 25. The band participated in the challenge after being nominated by Motley Crue a few days ago.
In a video shared on the band's YouTube channel, some crew members are seen helping the rockers remove electrical equipment from their clothing. Guitarist Joe Perry then tells the crowd that the group will donate a part of the proceeds from every ticket sold to that night's gig to the ALS Association.
After getting drenched, frontman Steven Tyler dares Quentin Tarantino, Fleetwood Mac, Cheap Trick, the Dalai Lama, the road crews for Aerosmith and tour opener Slash to do the challenge.
Aerosmith isn't the first musical act to have accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which was created to raise funds and awareness of Lou Gehrig's disease, during a concert. Motley Crue agreed to get soaked during the band's show with Def Leppard in Noblesville, Indiana. More recently, Eminem and Rihanna got poured with icy water as they wrapped up their co-headlining tour in the rapper's hometown of Detroit.
More Aerosmith News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville