Aerosmith Completes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge During Texas Gig
Aerosmith got soaked onstage after they completed the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge during their show in Texas on Monday night, August 25. The band participated in the challenge after being nominated by Motley Crue a few days ago.
In a video shared on the band's YouTube channel, some crew members are seen helping the rockers remove electrical equipment from their clothing. Guitarist Joe Perry then tells the crowd that the group will donate a part of the proceeds from every ticket sold to that night's gig to the ALS Association.
After getting drenched, frontman Steven Tyler dares Quentin Tarantino, Fleetwood Mac, Cheap Trick, the Dalai Lama, the road crews for Aerosmith and tour opener Slash to do the challenge.
Aerosmith isn't the first musical act to have accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which was created to raise funds and awareness of Lou Gehrig's disease, during a concert. Motley Crue agreed to get soaked during the band's show with Def Leppard in Noblesville, Indiana. More recently, Eminem and Rihanna got poured with icy water as they wrapped up their co-headlining tour in the rapper's hometown of Detroit.
More Aerosmith News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special