First Look at Natalie Portman in 'Tale of Love and Darkness'
"A Tale of Love and Darkness" debuts its poster, giving the first look at Natalie Portman who wrote, directed and starred in the film. The one-sheet shows the Oscar-winning actress getting drenched in the rain. The Israeli-born star, 33, wears an all-black dress.
Based on the best-selling autobiographical novel by Amos Oz, the film depicts Oz's love letter to his beautiful mother Fania (Portman), who struggles with bipolar disorder while raising her son in Jerusalem at the end of the British Mandate for Palestine and the early years of the State of Israel.
The project was announced way back in 2008. "I've been reading Oz since high school, and when I read his biography I just sort of saw it," she explained. Of taking her first part behind the camera, she said, "We all have the same desire to make meaningful and artistically fulfilling films and are committed to the idea of stories leading to greater empathy and action for world issues."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart