First Look at Natalie Portman in 'Tale of Love and Darkness'
"A Tale of Love and Darkness" debuts its poster, giving the first look at Natalie Portman who wrote, directed and starred in the film. The one-sheet shows the Oscar-winning actress getting drenched in the rain. The Israeli-born star, 33, wears an all-black dress.
Based on the best-selling autobiographical novel by Amos Oz, the film depicts Oz's love letter to his beautiful mother Fania (Portman), who struggles with bipolar disorder while raising her son in Jerusalem at the end of the British Mandate for Palestine and the early years of the State of Israel.
The project was announced way back in 2008. "I've been reading Oz since high school, and when I read his biography I just sort of saw it," she explained. Of taking her first part behind the camera, she said, "We all have the same desire to make meaningful and artistically fulfilling films and are committed to the idea of stories leading to greater empathy and action for world issues."
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?