First Look at Natalie Portman in 'Tale of Love and Darkness'
"A Tale of Love and Darkness" debuts its poster, giving the first look at Natalie Portman who wrote, directed and starred in the film. The one-sheet shows the Oscar-winning actress getting drenched in the rain. The Israeli-born star, 33, wears an all-black dress.
Based on the best-selling autobiographical novel by Amos Oz, the film depicts Oz's love letter to his beautiful mother Fania (Portman), who struggles with bipolar disorder while raising her son in Jerusalem at the end of the British Mandate for Palestine and the early years of the State of Israel.
The project was announced way back in 2008. "I've been reading Oz since high school, and when I read his biography I just sort of saw it," she explained. Of taking her first part behind the camera, she said, "We all have the same desire to make meaningful and artistically fulfilling films and are committed to the idea of stories leading to greater empathy and action for world issues."
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'