First Look at Natalie Portman in 'Tale of Love and Darkness'
"A Tale of Love and Darkness" debuts its poster, giving the first look at Natalie Portman who wrote, directed and starred in the film. The one-sheet shows the Oscar-winning actress getting drenched in the rain. The Israeli-born star, 33, wears an all-black dress.
Based on the best-selling autobiographical novel by Amos Oz, the film depicts Oz's love letter to his beautiful mother Fania (Portman), who struggles with bipolar disorder while raising her son in Jerusalem at the end of the British Mandate for Palestine and the early years of the State of Israel.
The project was announced way back in 2008. "I've been reading Oz since high school, and when I read his biography I just sort of saw it," she explained. Of taking her first part behind the camera, she said, "We all have the same desire to make meaningful and artistically fulfilling films and are committed to the idea of stories leading to greater empathy and action for world issues."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal