Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Jessica Died of Drug Overdose
Drew Barrymore's half-sister, Jessica Barrymore, died of an accidental drug overdose last month, coroner's report said on Tuesday, August 26. San Diego County Medical Examiner revealed that toxicology tests showed Jessica had methamphetamine, alcohol, methadone, tramadol and nordiazepam in her system.
Jessica was found dead in her car outside a house in National City, California on July 29. At that time her older brother, John Barrymore, said that Jessica's death was a "drug misadventure" and not a suicide. He claimed, "There were some empty vodka bottles, a couple bags of meth and a variety of pills in the car. My guess is that it was the booze and pills, like with Heath Ledger."
Both Jessica and Drew are daughters of actor John Drew Barrymore but have different mothers. Drew said in a statement after Jessica's death, "Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible, and I'm so incredibly sorry for their loss."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'