Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Jessica Died of Drug Overdose
Drew Barrymore's half-sister, Jessica Barrymore, died of an accidental drug overdose last month, coroner's report said on Tuesday, August 26. San Diego County Medical Examiner revealed that toxicology tests showed Jessica had methamphetamine, alcohol, methadone, tramadol and nordiazepam in her system.
Jessica was found dead in her car outside a house in National City, California on July 29. At that time her older brother, John Barrymore, said that Jessica's death was a "drug misadventure" and not a suicide. He claimed, "There were some empty vodka bottles, a couple bags of meth and a variety of pills in the car. My guess is that it was the booze and pills, like with Heath Ledger."
Both Jessica and Drew are daughters of actor John Drew Barrymore but have different mothers. Drew said in a statement after Jessica's death, "Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible, and I'm so incredibly sorry for their loss."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs