Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Jessica Died of Drug Overdose
Drew Barrymore's half-sister, Jessica Barrymore, died of an accidental drug overdose last month, coroner's report said on Tuesday, August 26. San Diego County Medical Examiner revealed that toxicology tests showed Jessica had methamphetamine, alcohol, methadone, tramadol and nordiazepam in her system.
Jessica was found dead in her car outside a house in National City, California on July 29. At that time her older brother, John Barrymore, said that Jessica's death was a "drug misadventure" and not a suicide. He claimed, "There were some empty vodka bottles, a couple bags of meth and a variety of pills in the car. My guess is that it was the booze and pills, like with Heath Ledger."
Both Jessica and Drew are daughters of actor John Drew Barrymore but have different mothers. Drew said in a statement after Jessica's death, "Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible, and I'm so incredibly sorry for their loss."
More Drew Barrymore News
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation