Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Jessica Died of Drug Overdose
Drew Barrymore's half-sister, Jessica Barrymore, died of an accidental drug overdose last month, coroner's report said on Tuesday, August 26. San Diego County Medical Examiner revealed that toxicology tests showed Jessica had methamphetamine, alcohol, methadone, tramadol and nordiazepam in her system.
Jessica was found dead in her car outside a house in National City, California on July 29. At that time her older brother, John Barrymore, said that Jessica's death was a "drug misadventure" and not a suicide. He claimed, "There were some empty vodka bottles, a couple bags of meth and a variety of pills in the car. My guess is that it was the booze and pills, like with Heath Ledger."
Both Jessica and Drew are daughters of actor John Drew Barrymore but have different mothers. Drew said in a statement after Jessica's death, "Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible, and I'm so incredibly sorry for their loss."
More Drew Barrymore News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera