Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Jessica Died of Drug Overdose
Drew Barrymore's half-sister, Jessica Barrymore, died of an accidental drug overdose last month, coroner's report said on Tuesday, August 26. San Diego County Medical Examiner revealed that toxicology tests showed Jessica had methamphetamine, alcohol, methadone, tramadol and nordiazepam in her system.
Jessica was found dead in her car outside a house in National City, California on July 29. At that time her older brother, John Barrymore, said that Jessica's death was a "drug misadventure" and not a suicide. He claimed, "There were some empty vodka bottles, a couple bags of meth and a variety of pills in the car. My guess is that it was the booze and pills, like with Heath Ledger."
Both Jessica and Drew are daughters of actor John Drew Barrymore but have different mothers. Drew said in a statement after Jessica's death, "Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible, and I'm so incredibly sorry for their loss."
More Drew Barrymore News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3