Aphex Twin Claims Kanye West Tried to Rip Him Off
Aphex Twin has accused Kanye West of illegally sampling one of his songs. When discussing his first album in 13 years called "Syro" in a new interview with Pitchfork, the musician said that the rapper's "Blame Game" from "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" album was a rip-off of his song "Avril 14th".
"Is it a sample? I actually don't know what it ended up being in the end, I'm so slack," Aphex told the site. "I know that he tried to f**king rip me off and claim that he'd written it, and they tried to get away with not paying."
"I was really helpful," he continued. "And when they first sent it to me, I was like, 'Oh, I can re-do that for you, if you like,' because they'd sampled it really badly and time-stretched it and there was loads of artefacts. I was like, 'I'll just replay it for you at that speed if you want.' And they totally didn't even say 'hello' or 'thanks' they just replied with, 'It's not yours, it's ours, and we're not even asking you any more.' "
"Avril 14th" is a cut off Aphex's latest album, 2001's "Drukqs". The LP's follow-up is set to hit the stores next month via Warp.
More Kanye West News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...