Aphex Twin Claims Kanye West Tried to Rip Him Off
Aphex Twin has accused Kanye West of illegally sampling one of his songs. When discussing his first album in 13 years called "Syro" in a new interview with Pitchfork, the musician said that the rapper's "Blame Game" from "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" album was a rip-off of his song "Avril 14th".
"Is it a sample? I actually don't know what it ended up being in the end, I'm so slack," Aphex told the site. "I know that he tried to f**king rip me off and claim that he'd written it, and they tried to get away with not paying."
"I was really helpful," he continued. "And when they first sent it to me, I was like, 'Oh, I can re-do that for you, if you like,' because they'd sampled it really badly and time-stretched it and there was loads of artefacts. I was like, 'I'll just replay it for you at that speed if you want.' And they totally didn't even say 'hello' or 'thanks' they just replied with, 'It's not yours, it's ours, and we're not even asking you any more.' "
"Avril 14th" is a cut off Aphex's latest album, 2001's "Drukqs". The LP's follow-up is set to hit the stores next month via Warp.
More Kanye West News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie