Aphex Twin Claims Kanye West Tried to Rip Him Off
Aphex Twin has accused Kanye West of illegally sampling one of his songs. When discussing his first album in 13 years called "Syro" in a new interview with Pitchfork, the musician said that the rapper's "Blame Game" from "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" album was a rip-off of his song "Avril 14th".
"Is it a sample? I actually don't know what it ended up being in the end, I'm so slack," Aphex told the site. "I know that he tried to f**king rip me off and claim that he'd written it, and they tried to get away with not paying."
"I was really helpful," he continued. "And when they first sent it to me, I was like, 'Oh, I can re-do that for you, if you like,' because they'd sampled it really badly and time-stretched it and there was loads of artefacts. I was like, 'I'll just replay it for you at that speed if you want.' And they totally didn't even say 'hello' or 'thanks' they just replied with, 'It's not yours, it's ours, and we're not even asking you any more.' "
"Avril 14th" is a cut off Aphex's latest album, 2001's "Drukqs". The LP's follow-up is set to hit the stores next month via Warp.
More Kanye West News
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves