'Grand Theft Auto V' Makers Say Lindsay Lohan Filed Lawsuit for Publicity
The creators of "Grand Theft Auto V", who are sued by Lindsay Lohan for allegedly creating a character on the game based on her likeness without her permission, claim that the actress launched the suit to gain popularity. The allegation is revealed in a court document which was made public on Tuesday, August 26.
Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. and subsidiary Rockstar Games say that the lawsuit was "filed for publicity purposes." Therefore, they want a Manhattan judge to dismiss the lawsuit and that Lohan pays their legal fee. "The complaint is a bad-faith filing and abuse of the court system and should be dismissed," they say, as quoted by Page Six.
Previously, the suit which was filed in July alleged that the game's creators used Lohan's image and likeness for a character named Lacey Jonas. It also shows Chateau Marmont, a hotel which Lohan frequented.
A part of the game shows Jonas hiding from paparazzi before asking for a ride home. "Please, I'm hardly wearing any makeup," Jonas said. "I'm really famous! I didn't do anything - this is my average commute," Jonas added when a player didn't recognize her.
"The portrayal of a Hollywood figure being chased by paparazzi, of course, is hardly unique to Ms. Lohan. She also alleges that Grand Theft Auto V features a hotel similar to the Hotel Chateau Marmont of West Hollywood, where she once resided," the game creators argue. "This allegation underscores the thinness of Ms. Lohan's claims: GTAV is a parody of Los Angeles, so it is unsurprising that it features similar buildings." They say the only similarity between Lohan and Jones is that they're blonde and young.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles