'Grand Theft Auto V' Makers Say Lindsay Lohan Filed Lawsuit for Publicity
The creators of "Grand Theft Auto V", who are sued by Lindsay Lohan for allegedly creating a character on the game based on her likeness without her permission, claim that the actress launched the suit to gain popularity. The allegation is revealed in a court document which was made public on Tuesday, August 26.
Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. and subsidiary Rockstar Games say that the lawsuit was "filed for publicity purposes." Therefore, they want a Manhattan judge to dismiss the lawsuit and that Lohan pays their legal fee. "The complaint is a bad-faith filing and abuse of the court system and should be dismissed," they say, as quoted by Page Six.
Previously, the suit which was filed in July alleged that the game's creators used Lohan's image and likeness for a character named Lacey Jonas. It also shows Chateau Marmont, a hotel which Lohan frequented.
A part of the game shows Jonas hiding from paparazzi before asking for a ride home. "Please, I'm hardly wearing any makeup," Jonas said. "I'm really famous! I didn't do anything - this is my average commute," Jonas added when a player didn't recognize her.
"The portrayal of a Hollywood figure being chased by paparazzi, of course, is hardly unique to Ms. Lohan. She also alleges that Grand Theft Auto V features a hotel similar to the Hotel Chateau Marmont of West Hollywood, where she once resided," the game creators argue. "This allegation underscores the thinness of Ms. Lohan's claims: GTAV is a parody of Los Angeles, so it is unsurprising that it features similar buildings." They say the only similarity between Lohan and Jones is that they're blonde and young.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby