Tom Hanks to Film 'Da Vinci Code' Threequel 'Inferno' in April 2015
"Inferno" eyes April 2015 as a start date. Tom Hanks is tapped to reprise his role as Professor Robert Langdon in the third adaptation of Dan Brown's novel that started with "The Da Vinci Code". The filming is expected to take place in Italy, according to Deadline.
Ron Howard who helmed the first film and its 2009 sequel "Angels & Demons" returns to serve behind the lens. David Koepp who penned the second movie is also brought back to write the screenplay. The threequel is tentatively set for a December 18, 2015 release.
The movie is based on the fourth installment in Brown's book series, skipping the actual third book "The Lost Symbol". The story is set in Europe and inspired by Dante Alighieri's 14th-Century epic poem, "The Divine Comedy". It will follow Langdon attempting to solve a riddle once again.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video