Tom Hanks to Film 'Da Vinci Code' Threequel 'Inferno' in April 2015
"Inferno" eyes April 2015 as a start date. Tom Hanks is tapped to reprise his role as Professor Robert Langdon in the third adaptation of Dan Brown's novel that started with "The Da Vinci Code". The filming is expected to take place in Italy, according to Deadline.
Ron Howard who helmed the first film and its 2009 sequel "Angels & Demons" returns to serve behind the lens. David Koepp who penned the second movie is also brought back to write the screenplay. The threequel is tentatively set for a December 18, 2015 release.
The movie is based on the fourth installment in Brown's book series, skipping the actual third book "The Lost Symbol". The story is set in Europe and inspired by Dante Alighieri's 14th-Century epic poem, "The Divine Comedy". It will follow Langdon attempting to solve a riddle once again.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy