Donald Glover Voices Miles Morales on 'Spider-Man' Animated Series
Miles Morales finally makes appearance on screen as a Spider-Man, even though it's only on television. The character is introduced in the new season of Disney XD's animated series "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors", with Donald Glover voicing the teen. A sneak peek has landed online.
Miles was indeed inspired by Glover. Brian Michael Bendis created the character in Marvel Comics' "Ultimate Spider-Man" series after finding out the actor's Twitter campaign to play the web-slinger in a movie. The writer also watched him wearing Spidey pajamas on his NBC sitcom.
"I don't think it's hit me necessarily yet how big of a deal that is. I'm very grateful for that, and it's cool to read the comic now," the "Community" actor told USA Today. "I never liked Superman that much, because I was like, 'Yo, this dude can't die. It's too easy.' "
"Batman is pretty fly. He's a close second, just because he doesn't really have powers. He's just a justice-driven vigilante. Spider-Man is the best because you just don't know who he is, and he's funny and he's poor. I understand Spider-Man a lot on that level. He's just trying to make it."
In the comics, Morales became a successor to Peter Parker. The character was applauded for making Spidey a racially diverse character, but when asked if there was a chance he could appear in "The Amazing Spider-Man", producers Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach seemed to rule it out.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked