Donald Glover Voices Miles Morales on 'Spider-Man' Animated Series
Miles Morales finally makes appearance on screen as a Spider-Man, even though it's only on television. The character is introduced in the new season of Disney XD's animated series "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors", with Donald Glover voicing the teen. A sneak peek has landed online.
Miles was indeed inspired by Glover. Brian Michael Bendis created the character in Marvel Comics' "Ultimate Spider-Man" series after finding out the actor's Twitter campaign to play the web-slinger in a movie. The writer also watched him wearing Spidey pajamas on his NBC sitcom.
"I don't think it's hit me necessarily yet how big of a deal that is. I'm very grateful for that, and it's cool to read the comic now," the "Community" actor told USA Today. "I never liked Superman that much, because I was like, 'Yo, this dude can't die. It's too easy.' "
"Batman is pretty fly. He's a close second, just because he doesn't really have powers. He's just a justice-driven vigilante. Spider-Man is the best because you just don't know who he is, and he's funny and he's poor. I understand Spider-Man a lot on that level. He's just trying to make it."
In the comics, Morales became a successor to Peter Parker. The character was applauded for making Spidey a racially diverse character, but when asked if there was a chance he could appear in "The Amazing Spider-Man", producers Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach seemed to rule it out.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'