Donald Glover Voices Miles Morales on 'Spider-Man' Animated Series
Miles Morales finally makes appearance on screen as a Spider-Man, even though it's only on television. The character is introduced in the new season of Disney XD's animated series "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors", with Donald Glover voicing the teen. A sneak peek has landed online.
Miles was indeed inspired by Glover. Brian Michael Bendis created the character in Marvel Comics' "Ultimate Spider-Man" series after finding out the actor's Twitter campaign to play the web-slinger in a movie. The writer also watched him wearing Spidey pajamas on his NBC sitcom.
"I don't think it's hit me necessarily yet how big of a deal that is. I'm very grateful for that, and it's cool to read the comic now," the "Community" actor told USA Today. "I never liked Superman that much, because I was like, 'Yo, this dude can't die. It's too easy.' "
"Batman is pretty fly. He's a close second, just because he doesn't really have powers. He's just a justice-driven vigilante. Spider-Man is the best because you just don't know who he is, and he's funny and he's poor. I understand Spider-Man a lot on that level. He's just trying to make it."
In the comics, Morales became a successor to Peter Parker. The character was applauded for making Spidey a racially diverse character, but when asked if there was a chance he could appear in "The Amazing Spider-Man", producers Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach seemed to rule it out.
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image