Donald Glover Voices Miles Morales on 'Spider-Man' Animated Series
Miles Morales finally makes appearance on screen as a Spider-Man, even though it's only on television. The character is introduced in the new season of Disney XD's animated series "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors", with Donald Glover voicing the teen. A sneak peek has landed online.
Miles was indeed inspired by Glover. Brian Michael Bendis created the character in Marvel Comics' "Ultimate Spider-Man" series after finding out the actor's Twitter campaign to play the web-slinger in a movie. The writer also watched him wearing Spidey pajamas on his NBC sitcom.
"I don't think it's hit me necessarily yet how big of a deal that is. I'm very grateful for that, and it's cool to read the comic now," the "Community" actor told USA Today. "I never liked Superman that much, because I was like, 'Yo, this dude can't die. It's too easy.' "
"Batman is pretty fly. He's a close second, just because he doesn't really have powers. He's just a justice-driven vigilante. Spider-Man is the best because you just don't know who he is, and he's funny and he's poor. I understand Spider-Man a lot on that level. He's just trying to make it."
In the comics, Morales became a successor to Peter Parker. The character was applauded for making Spidey a racially diverse character, but when asked if there was a chance he could appear in "The Amazing Spider-Man", producers Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach seemed to rule it out.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna