Video: Drake Gives His VMA Acceptance Speech During Boston Show
Drake was among winners at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday night, August 24. He took home the Best Hip-Hop Video award for his and Majid Jordan's "Hold On (We're Going Home)", but he was not there to collect his Moonman due to his ongoing joint tour with Lil Wayne.
However, Drake managed to properly thank everyone who helped him win the honor as well as fellow rapper Common who presented the award at the VMAs in an acceptance speech he delivered when making a tour stop in Boston on Monday.
After an introduction from Weezy, the Toronto native said, "First of all, I want to thank God. I'd like to also thank my mother 'cause I love her very much. I'd also like to thank Lil Wayne because none of this would be possible without that man right there."
"Hold On (We're Going Home)" is an R&B jam from Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" album. It came out as the winner in the Best Hip-Hop Video category after beating out rap tunes like Kanye West's "New Slaves" and Eminem's "Berzerk".
"And I'd also like to say, I know this is a hip-hop award and I know a lot of you out there are frustrated, like this is not a hip-hop song. You're right, I tricked you all. Rappers better luck next year. Thank you!" Drizzy added in his speech.
More Drake News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'