Video: Drake Gives His VMA Acceptance Speech During Boston Show
Drake was among winners at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday night, August 24. He took home the Best Hip-Hop Video award for his and Majid Jordan's "Hold On (We're Going Home)", but he was not there to collect his Moonman due to his ongoing joint tour with Lil Wayne.
However, Drake managed to properly thank everyone who helped him win the honor as well as fellow rapper Common who presented the award at the VMAs in an acceptance speech he delivered when making a tour stop in Boston on Monday.
After an introduction from Weezy, the Toronto native said, "First of all, I want to thank God. I'd like to also thank my mother 'cause I love her very much. I'd also like to thank Lil Wayne because none of this would be possible without that man right there."
"Hold On (We're Going Home)" is an R&B jam from Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" album. It came out as the winner in the Best Hip-Hop Video category after beating out rap tunes like Kanye West's "New Slaves" and Eminem's "Berzerk".
"And I'd also like to say, I know this is a hip-hop award and I know a lot of you out there are frustrated, like this is not a hip-hop song. You're right, I tricked you all. Rappers better luck next year. Thank you!" Drizzy added in his speech.
More Drake News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- Zack Snyder Leaves 'Justice League' Due to Family Tragedy, Joss Whedon Will Take Over the Project
- 'Hotel Transylvania: The Series' Coming in June - Get the First-Look Image and Teaser!
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'