Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children'
Lake Bell is prepping for her next directing project to follow up her acclaimed directorial debut "In a World..." last year. The actress-turned-budding helmer is attached to direct "The Emperor's Children", an adaptation of Claire Messud's 2006 book.
The story revolves around three entitled but unsuccessful NYC residents in their late 20s who orbit the life of a famous journalist in the months before and after the events of 9/11. Noah Baumbach ("The Fantastic Mr. Fox") is tapped to write the script.
Bell wrote, directed and starred in "In a World..." which she described as "a comedy about a female voice-over artist and family dysfunction and relationships." She won Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award at the Sundance Film Festival and was up for the grand jury prize. The film was listed as one of the top 10 independent films by the National Board of Review in 2013, and she is also nominated for best first screenplay at the 2014 Indie Spirit Awards.
The actress will next appear in "The Coup" with Owen Wilson & Pierce Brosnan and shares screen with Simon Pegg in "Man Up".
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna