Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children'
Lake Bell is prepping for her next directing project to follow up her acclaimed directorial debut "In a World..." last year. The actress-turned-budding helmer is attached to direct "The Emperor's Children", an adaptation of Claire Messud's 2006 book.
The story revolves around three entitled but unsuccessful NYC residents in their late 20s who orbit the life of a famous journalist in the months before and after the events of 9/11. Noah Baumbach ("The Fantastic Mr. Fox") is tapped to write the script.
Bell wrote, directed and starred in "In a World..." which she described as "a comedy about a female voice-over artist and family dysfunction and relationships." She won Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award at the Sundance Film Festival and was up for the grand jury prize. The film was listed as one of the top 10 independent films by the National Board of Review in 2013, and she is also nominated for best first screenplay at the 2014 Indie Spirit Awards.
The actress will next appear in "The Coup" with Owen Wilson & Pierce Brosnan and shares screen with Simon Pegg in "Man Up".
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24