Stephen Colbert Responds to Gwen Stefani's Emmy Mishap
Stephen Colbert responded to Gwen Stefani's onstage flub at 2014 Emmy Awards. He told Nancy O'Dell of ET while laughing, "[Gwen] evidently not a huge fan of the show. But I'm a huge fan of hers. I want to get her abs. That's what I aspire to."
Gwen's onstage flub has gone viral after she mispronounced Stephen's last name when presenting him with the Outstanding Variety Series award for his show "The Colbert Report". At that time, Gwen hit the "t" real hard that it sounded like "Colberg." At that time, Stephen joked, "I think I might change my name to Colberg. I'm the Colberg. Resistance is futile."
According to the site, Stephen, who was chosen to replace David Letterman on "Late Show with David Letterman" after he retires next year, continued to have fun with Gwen's flub for the rest of the night by referring to Gwen as Stephanie.
Gwen's representative has not commented on the issue yet.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2