Stephen Colbert Responds to Gwen Stefani's Emmy Mishap
Stephen Colbert responded to Gwen Stefani's onstage flub at 2014 Emmy Awards. He told Nancy O'Dell of ET while laughing, "[Gwen] evidently not a huge fan of the show. But I'm a huge fan of hers. I want to get her abs. That's what I aspire to."
Gwen's onstage flub has gone viral after she mispronounced Stephen's last name when presenting him with the Outstanding Variety Series award for his show "The Colbert Report". At that time, Gwen hit the "t" real hard that it sounded like "Colberg." At that time, Stephen joked, "I think I might change my name to Colberg. I'm the Colberg. Resistance is futile."
According to the site, Stephen, who was chosen to replace David Letterman on "Late Show with David Letterman" after he retires next year, continued to have fun with Gwen's flub for the rest of the night by referring to Gwen as Stephanie.
Gwen's representative has not commented on the issue yet.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs