Stephen Colbert Responds to Gwen Stefani's Emmy Mishap
Stephen Colbert responded to Gwen Stefani's onstage flub at 2014 Emmy Awards. He told Nancy O'Dell of ET while laughing, "[Gwen] evidently not a huge fan of the show. But I'm a huge fan of hers. I want to get her abs. That's what I aspire to."
Gwen's onstage flub has gone viral after she mispronounced Stephen's last name when presenting him with the Outstanding Variety Series award for his show "The Colbert Report". At that time, Gwen hit the "t" real hard that it sounded like "Colberg." At that time, Stephen joked, "I think I might change my name to Colberg. I'm the Colberg. Resistance is futile."
According to the site, Stephen, who was chosen to replace David Letterman on "Late Show with David Letterman" after he retires next year, continued to have fun with Gwen's flub for the rest of the night by referring to Gwen as Stephanie.
Gwen's representative has not commented on the issue yet.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens