Stephen Colbert Responds to Gwen Stefani's Emmy Mishap
Stephen Colbert responded to Gwen Stefani's onstage flub at 2014 Emmy Awards. He told Nancy O'Dell of ET while laughing, "[Gwen] evidently not a huge fan of the show. But I'm a huge fan of hers. I want to get her abs. That's what I aspire to."
Gwen's onstage flub has gone viral after she mispronounced Stephen's last name when presenting him with the Outstanding Variety Series award for his show "The Colbert Report". At that time, Gwen hit the "t" real hard that it sounded like "Colberg." At that time, Stephen joked, "I think I might change my name to Colberg. I'm the Colberg. Resistance is futile."
According to the site, Stephen, who was chosen to replace David Letterman on "Late Show with David Letterman" after he retires next year, continued to have fun with Gwen's flub for the rest of the night by referring to Gwen as Stephanie.
Gwen's representative has not commented on the issue yet.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Looking to Buy a Place' in America
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
- Will Kourtney Kardashian's New Boy Toy Younes Bendjima Replace Scott Disick on 'KUWTK'?
- Listen to Sia's Powerful Anthem 'To Be Human' From 'Wonder Woman' Soundtrack
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Vampire Nicki Minaj Sexily Licks Bella Hadid's Neck at AmfAR Gala in Cannes