Stephen Colbert Responds to Gwen Stefani's Emmy Mishap
Stephen Colbert responded to Gwen Stefani's onstage flub at 2014 Emmy Awards. He told Nancy O'Dell of ET while laughing, "[Gwen] evidently not a huge fan of the show. But I'm a huge fan of hers. I want to get her abs. That's what I aspire to."
Gwen's onstage flub has gone viral after she mispronounced Stephen's last name when presenting him with the Outstanding Variety Series award for his show "The Colbert Report". At that time, Gwen hit the "t" real hard that it sounded like "Colberg." At that time, Stephen joked, "I think I might change my name to Colberg. I'm the Colberg. Resistance is futile."
According to the site, Stephen, who was chosen to replace David Letterman on "Late Show with David Letterman" after he retires next year, continued to have fun with Gwen's flub for the rest of the night by referring to Gwen as Stephanie.
Gwen's representative has not commented on the issue yet.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed