Neil Young Is Divorcing Pegi Morton After 36 Years
Neil Young has filed for divorce from his wife of 36 years, Pegi Morton. According to Rolling Stone, Neil's petition for dissolution of marriage was filed on July 29 in San Mateo, California. A hearing is scheduled for December 12. Neil's representative has not commented on the issue.
Neil got married to Pegi in August 1977. The soon-to-be exes have two children together, Ben and Amber Jean. Neil also has one son named Zeke from his previous relationship. Neil and Pegi co-founded the non-profit Bridge School, which educates children with special needs, in 1986.
The pair first met when Neil dined at a diner near his California ranch, where Pegi was working as a waitress. Pegi debuted as a musician when she shared the stage with Neil at the 1994 Academy Awards. At that time, she served as Neil's backup singer. She then released her self-titled debut album in 2007 and has since created two additional albums.
Both Neil and Pegi were scheduled to perform at Farm Aid in Raleigh, North Carolina on September 13, but recently her name was removed from the line up.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing