Aaron Paul's Emmys Speech Crashes Wife's Kind Campaign Website
Lauren Parsekian's Kind Campaign website crashed due to heavy traffic after her husband Aaron Paul mentioned it in his heartfelt speech at the 2014 Emmy Awards on Monday, August 25. The site received heavy traffic shortly after the speech and was down until Tuesday morning.
The Kind Campaign, founded in 2009, is aimed at ending bullying among young girls. Following the mention, it received more inquiries from parents, teachers and counselors in regards to their program.
"They heard exactly what he said and they went to check it out," Molly Thompson, Persekian's friend and The Kind Campaign co-founder, said of the awards show's audience to Variety. Persekian additionally shared that she was touched by her husband's speech. "It was his moment, and the fact that he thought about Kind Campaign was really special and amazing."
Paul won his third Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for his role as Jesse Pinkman on "Breaking Bad". In his speech, he thanked everyone who contributed to the win, such as the show's creator Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston and crew members.
"To my wife, my God, thank you for marrying me," the actor said onstage. "Thank you for dedicating your life to spreading kindness across the world. We all appreciate it. If you guys don't know what she does, look up Kind Campaign. Do yourself a favor, look up Kind Campaign."
More Aaron Paul News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris