Miley Cyrus' VMAs Date Is Wanted by Oregon Police
A homeless man named Jesse Helt, who accepted Miley Cyrus' award at 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, has a criminal record and is wanted by police in Oregon on a probation violation. Polk County Director of Community Corrections Martin Silbernagel said on Tuesday, August 26 that there's an active warrant for Jesse's arrest.
He said in a statement, "He's had a warrant out for him since November 2011 for criminal trespass. The warrant is still valid and we will be attempting to serve that as the report is that Mr. Helt has returned to his mother's home in our county in Oregon." Martin claimed that Jesse continuously failed to meet with his probation officer. "He doesn't make himself available to community supervision, and he takes off," he added.
Jesse's mother, Linda Helt, told reporters on Monday that Miley had given her son some money which he used to fly home to visit his family in Salem. However, Sheriff's detective John Williams said he could not find Jesse when visiting Linda's house on Tuesday morning. John said he told the family that he's looking for Jesse.
According to court documents obtained by Inside Edition, Jesse was arrested in 2010 for burglary attempt at an apartment in Salem. He then pleaded guilty to criminal trespass and was put on probation. The documents also claimed Jesse repeatedly violated his probation by using marijuana, failing to take drug test and not completing his community service.
Miley's representative has not commented on Jesse's issue. However, the "Wrecking Ball" singer posted on Tuesday afternoon a series of tweets which were apparently related to the issue. She tweeted, "People who are homeless have lived very hard lives. Jesse included. I hope that this can be the start of a national conversation about youth homelessness and how to end it."
She followed it up, "Does looking down upon the homeless help people excuse their inaction? The media never fails to disappoint. You've chosen to go after Jesse instead of covering the issue of youth homelessness :(."
"While they obsesses over one homeless mans legal issue lets help the other 1.6 million homeless youth," Miley posted along with a link to her campaign to raise awareness for homeless youth.
While they obsesses over one homeless mans legal issue lets help the other 1.6 million homeless youth http://t.co/VE6P9yfAVX— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) August 26, 2014
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna