CBS to Launch First-Ever All-Female Sports Talk Show 'We Need to Talk'
CBS Sports has officially announced an all-female sports talk show that had been leaking out for the past couple of months. Titled "We Need to Talk", the ground-breaking hour-long show will debut this fall beginning Tuesday, September 30 at 10-11 P.M. ET on CBS Sports Network.
The program will feature a panel that includes a core of CBS Sports announcers Lesley Visser, Amy Trask, Tracy Wolfson, Dana Jacobson and Allie LaForce. These "talented female journalists" will share their knowledge and opinions by offering a unique perspective of the sports landscape.
Each week, they will be joined by a rotating cast of contributors from the sports world, including former and current athletes, television and radio personalities, league and team executives, and top news and sports journalists from around the country. They include Andrea Kremer, Lisa Leslie, Dara Torres, Swin Cash, Summer Sanders, Laila Ali and Katrina Adams.
"This is a very proud moment for all of us at CBS Sports," says Sean McManus, Chairman, CBS Sports. "A sports show featuring all women is long overdue, and we are thrilled to be able to make television history this fall with the national launch of WE NEED TO TALK."
David Berson, President, CBS Sports, adds, "From the moment news of the show spread, the reaction we've received has been nothing short of amazing. We've been inundated with notes from women across the industry requesting to join the extraordinary women at CBS Sports to create a fun, unique and informative show for all sports fans."
Despite featuring all-female panel and contributors, the show is not intended solely for women. "This show is intended for all sports fans, men, women everyone," Berson explains. "The gist of this show, it's really a sports talk show that features women. It's not intended to be a women's sports TV show. And will we discuss social issues and women's issues? Certainly when warranted, but that's not the sole focus on the show."
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo