Arnold Schwarzenegger's Zombie Thriller 'Maggie' Arrives Early 2015
Lionsgate will release Arnold Schwarzenegger-starrer "Maggie" in early 2015. The studio announced on Tuesday, August 26 that it has acquired the North America distribution rights to the zombie thriller which also stars Abigail Breslin.
Schwarzenegger plays a Midwestern farmer father who is coping up with the fact that his teen daughter, played by Breslin, has been infected by the virus that will slowly turn her into a zombie. Written by John Scott 3, the film will not display all the zombie-killing actions but focus on the father-daughter relationship instead.
" 'Maggie' has all the ingredients that spell commercial excitement - a compelling script and an 'A' list superstar surrounded by a world-class cast," Lionsgate's Co-Chief Operating Officer and Motion Picture Group President Steve Beeks said. "We're delighted to continue our relationship with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who turns in a performance that marks a dramatic departure from his action persona, and partner with our friends at Lotus Entertainment on a film that will resonate with thriller aficionados everywhere."
"Maggie takes the zombie genre in exciting new directions, and it offers something for everyone - star power, horror, suspense, and riveting performances that will keep moviegoers on the edge of their seats," Bill Johnson and Jim Seibel, Lotus co-chairs who produced and will handle international sales chimed in.
Video games and "The Walking Dead" title sequence creator Henry Hobson directed the film. No release date has been set yet. The film was previously scheduled to debut at the Toronto International Film Festival, but it has been removed from the list.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story