Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop Break Up After 5 Years of Dating
Sarah Hyland is single. Her rep confirms that the "Modern Family" actress split from her boyfriend of five years, Matt Prokop. "Sarah's doing fine. It didn't work out," a source says. "She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends."
Hyland, 23, and Prokop, 24, met during an audition for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" in 2008. They later starred together in Disney Channel's "Geek Charming" in 2011. The couple lived together during their relationship and co-parented a 4-year-old dog Barkley Bixby.
When she underwent a kidney transplant surgery in 2012, she credited Prokop for helping her recover. "He helps me with my medication and takes me to doctor appointments and all the stuff that I need to do to take care of myself," she told Seventeen magazine. "Any other 21-year-old guy would not be there, I guarantee it. I am one of the luckiest people in the world to have him be there for me."
Hyland came solo to the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards this Monday, August 25. "Big glass of wine and a tall glass of Colombian," she tweeted along with a picture of herself posing with co-star Sofia Vergara.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'