Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop Break Up After 5 Years of Dating
Sarah Hyland is single. Her rep confirms that the "Modern Family" actress split from her boyfriend of five years, Matt Prokop. "Sarah's doing fine. It didn't work out," a source says. "She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends."
Hyland, 23, and Prokop, 24, met during an audition for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" in 2008. They later starred together in Disney Channel's "Geek Charming" in 2011. The couple lived together during their relationship and co-parented a 4-year-old dog Barkley Bixby.
When she underwent a kidney transplant surgery in 2012, she credited Prokop for helping her recover. "He helps me with my medication and takes me to doctor appointments and all the stuff that I need to do to take care of myself," she told Seventeen magazine. "Any other 21-year-old guy would not be there, I guarantee it. I am one of the luckiest people in the world to have him be there for me."
Hyland came solo to the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards this Monday, August 25. "Big glass of wine and a tall glass of Colombian," she tweeted along with a picture of herself posing with co-star Sofia Vergara.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour