Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop Break Up After 5 Years of Dating
Sarah Hyland is single. Her rep confirms that the "Modern Family" actress split from her boyfriend of five years, Matt Prokop. "Sarah's doing fine. It didn't work out," a source says. "She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends."
Hyland, 23, and Prokop, 24, met during an audition for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" in 2008. They later starred together in Disney Channel's "Geek Charming" in 2011. The couple lived together during their relationship and co-parented a 4-year-old dog Barkley Bixby.
When she underwent a kidney transplant surgery in 2012, she credited Prokop for helping her recover. "He helps me with my medication and takes me to doctor appointments and all the stuff that I need to do to take care of myself," she told Seventeen magazine. "Any other 21-year-old guy would not be there, I guarantee it. I am one of the luckiest people in the world to have him be there for me."
Hyland came solo to the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards this Monday, August 25. "Big glass of wine and a tall glass of Colombian," she tweeted along with a picture of herself posing with co-star Sofia Vergara.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip