Iggy Azalea Turned Down Kiss From Rita Ora at MTV VMAs 2014
Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora rocked the crowd with their sexy performance at the MTV Video Music Awards over the weekend, but it could have been steamier. The Aussie rapper rejected the British singer's proposal to recreate Britney Spears and Madonna's infamous kiss on stage.
"I said to Iggy we should just make out on stage, kiss during our performance. She told me that would be crazy, because it's already been done," Rita told The Sun. "Britney Spears and Madonna kissing was my favorite VMA performance ever."
Regardless, Rita was just happy Iggy who fell off the stage at a pre-show was able to take the stage with her at the main event. "Bless, her, I was just happy she was OK because, God forbid, we couldn't perform after all that," she said. "We've been doing three performances a day together to make sure when we release this song it was about unity."
She added, "We wanted to do a song where it's two blondes coming together as a unit."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet