Chloe Moretz Is 'Done' With Hit-Girl, Gives Up on 'Kick-Ass 3'
Chloe Moretz believes "Kick-Ass 3" is dead despite Mark Miller's plan to make a trilogy. The actress who plays Hit-Girl in the first two movies blames piracy for the failure of "Kick-Ass 2" which put the third film in limbo. She is now leaving behind her superhero role.
"Sadly, I think I'm done with the character," she told Digital Spy. "Hit-Girl was a very cool character, but I don't think there will be any more movies. You make these movies for the fanboys, but nowadays everyone seems to pirate them rather than watch them in the movie theatre."
" 'Kick-Ass 2' was one of the number one pirated movies of the year, but that doesn't help us because we need box office figures. We need to prove to the distributors that we can make money from a third and a fourth movie - but because it didn't do so well, we can't make another one," she went on. "If you want more than one movie, everyone has to go and see movies at the cinema. It's all about the numbers in the theatre."
"Kick-Ass" film series also starred Aaron Johnson and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. "I'm not contracted to do three but I wasn't contracted to do No. 2 either, so you know," Johnson previously said. "I can't rule it out ..."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story