Chloe Moretz Is 'Done' With Hit-Girl, Gives Up on 'Kick-Ass 3'
Chloe Moretz believes "Kick-Ass 3" is dead despite Mark Miller's plan to make a trilogy. The actress who plays Hit-Girl in the first two movies blames piracy for the failure of "Kick-Ass 2" which put the third film in limbo. She is now leaving behind her superhero role.
"Sadly, I think I'm done with the character," she told Digital Spy. "Hit-Girl was a very cool character, but I don't think there will be any more movies. You make these movies for the fanboys, but nowadays everyone seems to pirate them rather than watch them in the movie theatre."
" 'Kick-Ass 2' was one of the number one pirated movies of the year, but that doesn't help us because we need box office figures. We need to prove to the distributors that we can make money from a third and a fourth movie - but because it didn't do so well, we can't make another one," she went on. "If you want more than one movie, everyone has to go and see movies at the cinema. It's all about the numbers in the theatre."
"Kick-Ass" film series also starred Aaron Johnson and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. "I'm not contracted to do three but I wasn't contracted to do No. 2 either, so you know," Johnson previously said. "I can't rule it out ..."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent