Lifetime Orders 'The Omen' Sequel Series
Lifetime is set to unleash "The Omen". The cable channel has greenlit a TV follow-up to the 1976 horror film with a six-episode straight to series order. Titled "Damien", the project hails from former "The Walking Dead" showrunner Glen Mazzara.
The upcoming series centers on the adult life of Damien Thorn, the mysterious child from the 1976 motion picture who has grown up, seemingly unaware of the satanic forces around him. Haunted by his past, Damien must now come to terms with his true destiny - that he is the Antichrist, the most feared man throughout the ages.
"We are thrilled to be bringing a contemporary version of The Omen's Damien Thorn back to the screen," says Lifetime exec vp and GM Rob Sharenow. "Glen Mazzara has re-imagined him as a dark, romantic, anti-hero and this fresh take blends complex characters with premium storytelling to make something truly original."
Mazzara developed "Damien" with Ross Fineman. The two will also serve as executive producers along with Pancho Mansfield. It marks Mazzara's first TV gig since exiting as "The Walking Dead" showrunner and his first sale under his overall deal with Fox Television Studios.
The original movie was written by David Seltzer and directed by Richard Donner, with Harvey Spencer Stephens starring as Damien Thorn. Gregory Peck and Lee Remick played Damien's adoptive parents Robert and Katherine Thorn. It grossed $60.9 million domestically on a $2.8 million budget and spawned two sequels, "Damien: Omen II" in 1978 and "Omen II: The Final Conflict" in 1981.
"Damien" is expected to launch in early 2015.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign