Nick Jonas' Own Jealousy Inspires Upcoming Single 'Jealous'
Nick Jonas previously told E! News that his new single "Jealous" was based on a real experience. Now, the former Jonas Brothers member revealed in a newer interview with the site that he wrote it after he caught another man looking at his girlfriend Olivia Culpo's backside.
"I saw someone looking at her ass when we were out one night," he said. "It really upset me. The next day I went into the studio and wrote the song. So I got something good out of the experience even though in the moment it was frustrating."
The incident occurred earlier this year, when Jonas was filming DirecTV's "Kingdom". The singer explained that he initially planned to confront the man. "But I was also in the middle of shooting 'Kingdom' where I play an MMA fighter, so I was all pumped up on testosterone feeling like I could beat someone up," he said. "Thankfully, I didn't."
"Jealous", set to serve as the follow-up to single "Chains" from Jonas' upcoming solo album, is scheduled to be released on September 7. Its accompanying music video has been shot and will be released on his birthday on September 16. Culpo will make an appearance in it.
More Nick Jonas News
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years