Nick Jonas' Own Jealousy Inspires Upcoming Single 'Jealous'
Nick Jonas previously told E! News that his new single "Jealous" was based on a real experience. Now, the former Jonas Brothers member revealed in a newer interview with the site that he wrote it after he caught another man looking at his girlfriend Olivia Culpo's backside.
"I saw someone looking at her ass when we were out one night," he said. "It really upset me. The next day I went into the studio and wrote the song. So I got something good out of the experience even though in the moment it was frustrating."
The incident occurred earlier this year, when Jonas was filming DirecTV's "Kingdom". The singer explained that he initially planned to confront the man. "But I was also in the middle of shooting 'Kingdom' where I play an MMA fighter, so I was all pumped up on testosterone feeling like I could beat someone up," he said. "Thankfully, I didn't."
"Jealous", set to serve as the follow-up to single "Chains" from Jonas' upcoming solo album, is scheduled to be released on September 7. Its accompanying music video has been shot and will be released on his birthday on September 16. Culpo will make an appearance in it.
More Nick Jonas News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding