Nick Jonas' Own Jealousy Inspires Upcoming Single 'Jealous'
Nick Jonas previously told E! News that his new single "Jealous" was based on a real experience. Now, the former Jonas Brothers member revealed in a newer interview with the site that he wrote it after he caught another man looking at his girlfriend Olivia Culpo's backside.
"I saw someone looking at her ass when we were out one night," he said. "It really upset me. The next day I went into the studio and wrote the song. So I got something good out of the experience even though in the moment it was frustrating."
The incident occurred earlier this year, when Jonas was filming DirecTV's "Kingdom". The singer explained that he initially planned to confront the man. "But I was also in the middle of shooting 'Kingdom' where I play an MMA fighter, so I was all pumped up on testosterone feeling like I could beat someone up," he said. "Thankfully, I didn't."
"Jealous", set to serve as the follow-up to single "Chains" from Jonas' upcoming solo album, is scheduled to be released on September 7. Its accompanying music video has been shot and will be released on his birthday on September 16. Culpo will make an appearance in it.
More Nick Jonas News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked