Nicki Minaj's Wardrobe Malfunction at the VMAs Was Reportedly Staged
Nicki Minaj allegedly left the dress she wore during the performance of "Bang Bang" at the MTV Video Music Awards unzipped on purpose. The raptress was previously reported having a wardrobe malfunction as she's spotted holding the tight black gown together while taking the stage at the Forum in California with collaborators Jessie J and Ariana Grande.
"We ran out of time to get the dress zipped up," so she told reporters of the incident after the show. She later posted an Instagram photo from the performance and said, "God is good. As long as a nipple didn't come out to play, I'm fine."
However, an insider suggested that the incident wasn't unexpected. "She could never get into that dress," the insider told Us Weekly. "During the dress rehearsal she did the number numerous times and could not make it into the dress zipped up even once. I've no idea why she didn't just decide to wear something else. She just didn't have the time to change from one outfit into another, there was no way."
In addition to "Bang Bang", Minaj performed her latest single "Anaconda" at the Sunday, August 24 event. She also joined Usher for the live rendition of their collaboration, "She Came to Give It to You".
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship