Nicki Minaj's Wardrobe Malfunction at the VMAs Was Reportedly Staged
Nicki Minaj allegedly left the dress she wore during the performance of "Bang Bang" at the MTV Video Music Awards unzipped on purpose. The raptress was previously reported having a wardrobe malfunction as she's spotted holding the tight black gown together while taking the stage at the Forum in California with collaborators Jessie J and Ariana Grande.
"We ran out of time to get the dress zipped up," so she told reporters of the incident after the show. She later posted an Instagram photo from the performance and said, "God is good. As long as a nipple didn't come out to play, I'm fine."
However, an insider suggested that the incident wasn't unexpected. "She could never get into that dress," the insider told Us Weekly. "During the dress rehearsal she did the number numerous times and could not make it into the dress zipped up even once. I've no idea why she didn't just decide to wear something else. She just didn't have the time to change from one outfit into another, there was no way."
In addition to "Bang Bang", Minaj performed her latest single "Anaconda" at the Sunday, August 24 event. She also joined Usher for the live rendition of their collaboration, "She Came to Give It to You".
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri